what's this piercing called?

jeesoo

sorry i'm not sure if this is the right section to post this..

piercing.jpg

does anyone know what this piercing is called?
i'm thinking of getting one and i dont even know what i should be asking for>_<;;
also, if anyone's gotten one, does it hurt alot? >_<;;
thanxx=)

lara

It's called a rook piercing.

Anything through cartilage isn't more or less painful at the time (although there's a lot more pushing and shoving at the time), but the healing time is usually much longer than a flesh piercing.

Hilly

I had my tragus pierced (the part of your ear that is pea sized and sticked out). It hurt like hell, but I never had problems with it. It was really cute an super low maintinence.

SingFrAbsoltion

That's a rook. I got mine last February and it hurt like a bitch. I have a high pain tolerance but when that needle went in...ouch. And after I got it my cartilage thickened, I guess it's scarring? But it's not that noticeable, I only realized this when I took the jewelry out to clean it. And like lara said, these take a while to heal, it took about 6 months for me.

kblakes

It's a rook. Mine didn't hurt too bad but it rejected after 6 months. I had a curved barbell and it kept flipping. I figure between it flipping around and putting pressure outwards and the guage being too small it caused it to reject. I am waiting a couple more months and am going to try again.

Here is a chart for piercings: