When you're frustrated???

bluegypsy

Hi there,
I'm new to this site, but I've been doing make-up since 1978...I'm a 'young 47 year old mom of three' from New Jersey, and have decided to go full time since my kids are adults (pretty much) now. But, like a writer without clips, I'm a makeup artist without credits, and it's been really frustrating trying to get taken 'seriously', especially without a license. I have a busines license, and I'm able to purchase my products wholesale when possible, but some places, like Sally Beauty Supply, gave me somewhat of a hard time, since they only give 'professionals' their discount. I consider myself a professional, but because I've never been officially published, it seems like it doesn't matter. I'd just like to know I'm not the only one dealing with this type of thing. I'd love to get Mac or Make-up Forever at a discount, but what do I need to do to prove I'm 'worthy'? thanks for listening, and have a great day! Janice
nope.gif

Skin*Deep

getting an estethician license would open up a lot of opportunity for discounts for you, in my state that only takes about 300 class hours

TISH1124

Welcome to the site...I agree...check out the Industry forums.....and I am sure you will get some answers there