which brush do you get wet?

allan_willb

Just wanted to know what brushes you guys use with mixing medium and pigments.I know that some brushes work better when they are wet and others don't.

user2

Almost every....
smiles.gif
I used my #190 with Mixing Medium and Pure White pigment some days ago for the Doll challenge!

I loove to use my 222 with MM to enhance the metallic aspects in Goldbit e/s! Awesome!!!

And of course every eyeliner brush!

I don't feel like I need to use my #219 wet because it does give me an intense effect without MM!

IMHO all brushes can get wet because you clean them with water (which apparently makes them wet anyways
winks.gif
so there should be no damage so whatever to them!
Just make sure not to wet the handle!

Btw do you try to find a Culturebloom DVD just for me?
greengrin.gif

allan_willb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
Almost every....
smiles.gif
I used my #190 with Mixing Medium and Pure White pigment some days ago for the Doll challenge!

I loove to use my 222 with MM to enhance the metallic aspects in Goldbit e/s! Awesome!!!

And of course every eyeliner brush!

I don't feel like I need to use my #219 wet because it does give me an intense effect without MM!

IMHO all brushes can get wet because you clean them with water (which apparently makes them wet anyways
winks.gif
so there should be no damage so whatever to them!
Just make sure not to wet the handle!

Btw do you try to find a Culturebloom DVD just for me?
greengrin.gif

thanks a bunch for the info...im still working on the dvd for you...dont worry i'll get back to you.Allan

user3

I can tell you that my 239 does not like to be wet and apply e/s or pigments. It almost refuses to pick up the color!

228 love it a good MM bath!

Generally the stiffer the brush the better it seems to work when wet. At least for me. Like 249 ....it doesn't have to be super stiff just no as loose as the 239 or 222.

moonrevel

Usually when I use Pigments and shadows wet, it's for my lid or a liner. For my lid, I love using either the 242 or the 236 (dc'd) with MM, and for wet liner I like the 266. They all have rather stiff bristles, which I find helpful for this purpose.

veilchen

I only wet my 242 and 252 ... I've tried it with the 239 as well, but experienced the same thing as 'Nessa - it didn't really pick up any colour. So I'm also just wetting my brushes with denser bristles.

brandi

i know that we have the culturebloom DVD at the macy's counter at pearlridge i saw a stack of them when i was paying.. i already had one so didnt bother to ask for another!

allan_willb

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandi
i know that we have the culturebloom DVD at the macy's counter at pearlridge i saw a stack of them when i was paying.. i already had one so didnt bother to ask for another!

bran!get me some!

brandi

hehehe okay i'll call my friend tomorrow i think she might be working... i'll see if they still have them... the last time i went was saturday i think... well if anything tomorrow... how many do you want me to ask her for? do you have one? i dont even know whats on the DVD! i just looked on the inside!

Latest posts