Which brush should I buy? 272 or 222

user79

I need a better crease & blending brush, the one I have is poo. I was at MAC today planning to get the 222, but then the MA handed me a 272 to try out and I really liked it as well! I could apply the shadow directly to the crease with the light angle that it had. But now I'm not sure what I should get, the 222 or the 272? I want a brush that will really define my crease without making it look harsh...so not the 219 (I have that one). Something that will seamlessly blend the darker shadow into my creaseline but without getting the colour everywhere, so nothing too fat.

So which of these does the better job - the 272 or the 222?

Miss_Behave

to be honest: get both. these two are my absolute favorite brushes! they are soooo worth it. if you only can get one at this time then start with the 272 because it's more versatile since you can pack on color on the lid and to a nice outer V with this brush too. but definitly get the 222 later!

user79

I was afraid someone was going to say that! Haha....hmm not sure if I can afford both right now. I've ordered the CD buffer brush too...that's 3 brushes in a short time frame, plus I recently bought the 187. Yikes! $$$$$

But thanks for your input! Appreciate it.

Miss_Behave

your welcome! I know it hurts spendig so much on brushes, I recently bought the 187 and it's crazy to pay so much money for a friggin brush, but I never looked back coz I love it so much! So if you get one, get the 272, it's really a great brush and if I had to get rid of all my brushes I would keep this one

Wattage

I really recommend the 272. I know the exact technique you are talking about. I have big eyes and I use the 275 in the crease after applying with the 219. Or, I just the 275 on its own. The 275 is the same shape as the 272, just smaller. It has different bristles as well.

HTH!
smiles.gif

brandiisamonkey

I dont have either brush but from the looks of them id recomend the 272 I just think thta I'd like it better...

oh I got my CD kabuki in yesterday and I LOVE IT! you will not be disapointed! Its so soft and fluffy! Much better than what I was using!

user79

^ Awesome! Did you order it online? Wow - can't believe you would get it faster than me who is just transferring it from another location! Haha

Jennifer Mcfly

If you can only get one, then def. get the 272! It's an awesome crease brush but it's also a little more versatile, like it can be used for lid application as well. I love it!

brandiisamonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
^ Awesome! Did you order it online? Wow - can't believe you would get it faster than me who is just transferring it from another location! Haha

yeah I did get it online but I paid for 2 day shipping on 2 orders lol... I am in LOVE with the kabuki and the 187 they are both sooo soft and the 187 applies my blush perfectly! You will LOVE kabuki IMO it IS all that it was cracked up to be!
eyelove.gif

Latest posts