Which foundation for dry-ish skin?

MACaholic76

So after playing with the NW40 shade, I found it too orangy and have settled for my good ol' nc42. My skin is oily but dry on the surface so I'm looking to purchase a different finish. Should I go with Hyperreal, Studio Tech, or Moistureblend??? Thanks~

queenofdisaster

my ma recommended studio tech for my dry skin, so i got it in june and it was really good... i like to use it with shimpagne msf or an iridescent powder and it has great coverage and staying power. however it can get cakey if over-applied and is best with the foundation brush. also, if it's super hot outside, it's a big no-no because it melts like crazy.

i've tried hyperreal also and it was pretty great. (my skin is super dry and flaky) i used studio moisture fix underneath and i had no problems with flakiness at all.

lightsinsorrow

Hyper Real is great for making skin look dewy and "alive", especially if you use Strobe Cream or Moisture Feed underneath. However, for dry skin, I always recommend Moistureblend.

little teaser

i dont know how much coverage your looking for but i have dry skin too and i use mac face&body its shear but buildable and it doesnt get cakey i use a lil select shear powder and it stays put doesnt melt i live in hot florida i tryed the studio tech and it look cakey and dry on me but at the time my skin was super dry now that its better im thinking of giveing it another try ao if you go with the studio tech let me know how it works for you good luck..

Latest posts