~{Which Girlfriend Are You?}~

Indigowaters

...As in from the tv show Girlfriends. I'm sitting here watching tonight's episode (which was one of the best in a long time), so this is what brought up this post. Feel free to post more than one characteristic.

I AM:

Joan
In some ways I was alot like Joan in the relationship department. I would meet a guy, we hit it off, and then I find some reason to not like him or a way to screw it up.

Lynn
I have alot of certifications in things (Electronics, Web Design, Preschool Teaching) and am going to college for Graphic Design. I wasn't one of those kids who knew what they wanted to be when the grew up. I can also be a little bit irresponsible like Lynn and have a tendency to want other people to tell me what to do with my life.

Mya
I have a sister-girl attitude like Mya, but I know how to keep it real. Okay!

lightnlovly

It's funny that you posted this because, when I watch girlfriends--I find myself trying to figure out who I am most like (and also find places for my friends). I think I am most like Joan. I also tend to screw things up in relationships and then wonder what happened. I also tend to take charge of situations and be the mother hen. Joan stresses off everything as do I, but she is a bit more uppity then myself--that's where the Lynn and Mya (and a lil Toni) come in. Lynn's carefree attitude--always tring to find herself. That's me!
friends.gif
And Mya and I share the "I am stronger than you" attitude, when really life is kicking our asses and although we try not to admit it, it hurts! Dang, I didn't realize I had put THAT much thought into until I started typing. Too Funny! Did I mention that's an awesome show!!!
clap.gif

lightnlovly

I'm witcha girl!! Girlfriends is great! I watch the older episodes on BET (We didn't have UPN) and now I can catch the new episodes....BTW what happened to Toni?
hmm.gif

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightnlovly
I'm witcha girl!! Girlfriends is great! I watch the older episodes on BET (We didn't have UPN) and now I can catch the new episodes....BTW what happened to Toni?
hmm.gif

She was written out of the script. Apparently, the actresses were holding out for more money from UPN/CW and the three "Girlfriends" gave in, while the one that played Toni, didn't.
ssad.gif

aziajs

I'm Lynn. I have her intelligence but lack of direction. A part of me has some of her sexuality but not her promiscuity.

Ms. Z

I love this show. I'm a Joan (w/o the career).

Does anyone know what happened to the one that played Toni Childs?:confused:

silverbelle282

isn't she doing liquor commercials now? i didn't get to see all the eps . . . i wonder how they wrapped up the toni/todd/baby storyline?

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelle282
isn't she doing liquor commercials now? i didn't get to see all the eps . . . i wonder how they wrapped up the toni/todd/baby storyline?

Yes, me too! C'mon one of you must know.

aziza

I'm Lynn with a lil bit of Joan thrown up in there. And I want to know what happened with the todd/toni/baby storyline too lol.

Indigowaters

Look ^. Lol. Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
I love this show. I'm a Joan (w/o the career).

Does anyone know what happened to the one that played Toni Childs?:confused:

MiCHiE

Toni was basically written out. Supposedly, she got back with Todd and she, him and Morgan moved to NY and never spoke to Joan again. IRL, there were some differences as far as her holding out for more money and she was let go. And, yeah, she has been doing Bailey's commercials.

kimmy

my best friend and i watch this show all the time. i love it. she always says i remind her of mya (i'm really loud and i pretty much have no inner monologue.
lol.gif
)

silverbelle282

well, at least there was a tv happy ending. . . sometimes i think i relate to toni the best, because she's really a good person at heart, but just keeps doing the wrong things. like, you want to watch her, and see what she does/who she'll push over the edge, but you're always hoping she will change and kind of rooting for that, too. and shouting "no! why did you do THAT?!" at the tv, lol

think there will ever be a girlfriends reunion?

Indigowaters

Don't know. I stopped holding out after she didn't come back last season. :confused: Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelle282
well, at least there was a tv happy ending. . . sometimes i think i relate to toni the best, because she's really a good person at heart, but just keeps doing the wrong things. like, you want to watch her, and see what she does/who she'll push over the edge, but you're always hoping she will change and kind of rooting for that, too. and shouting "no! why did you do THAT?!" at the tv, lol

think there will ever be a girlfriends reunion?