which is better for blush application -> 129 or 187?

Racergirl

I can't decide between the two! I would be using the brush for both sheer and pigmented blushers. I heard 187 is good for pigmented blushers because it doesn't pick up a lot of pigment.

However, i like quite a heavy blush look (not TOO heavy of course, but not sooo sheer u can't see it or tell its there) Blush is a staple for me, i cannot go without it.

Which would u recommend? I love the dolly blush look.

Thanks everyone!

TipTopTap

Don't get me wrong, #187 is a great blush brush, but for heavier application I think you'd do great with #168.

veilchen

I also have the 168 and I agree with TipTopTap - if you want heavier appilcation, try this one!

I like mine but don't use it too often because of the intense colour it gets on my cheeks, that's why I'm planning to get the 187 (for more subtle colour) ...

Racergirl

hmm thanks guys. I heard the 168 has a really small head though so its hard to get than round "doll" type flush?

Can the 187 brush just be used to layer it on heavier if i want that though? Or would that be too hard...

Demosthenes

The 187 will layer nicely. I usually use it for Studio Fix though, so I don't know how it works with blushes. I will do the 129 if I'm rushing and want to swipe some color on and the 168 for buffing in intense color/pigments/cream blushes.

shabdebaz

I find that the #187 works really well for people of lighter complexions for a softer blush application. I like using the #129 because, like you, I like the heavier blush look.

bellaetoile

i really only like the 187 for blushcream or MSF application, as well as foundation products. when i'm using powder blushes, i like having a slightly bolder look, and prefer either the 129, the 168 (also great for contouring), or this ancient too faced blush brush i have.

Raerae

I use the 187 for fix foundation, as well as my blush... if i want it darker, i just re-apply till i have the intensity I want.

Latest posts