Which one is the fake?

kateybabey

Okay, I'm pretty new, so i need a little help here.

I recently received two pigments from two different swaps. No offense if you were the swapper
smiles.gif
The jars side by side and the sticker on the bottom are very different, so really what i wanna know is, older jars, were they different from newer jars? or is the melon fake fake fake
ssad.gif
because i know the batch codes go A## and if you can see from the picture it is AA#, which would still make sense to be letter-month-year, but the month starts with the letter instead of the number...anyways, thanks for your help. Also note the placement of the word MAC on the front of the jar, one is higher/lower.

redambition

the batch codes can be deciphered like this:

first letter is the production run (can be a letter other than A)
second number or letter: month. 1-9 for Jan to September, A-C for Oct-Dec.
Last number - year. eg, 7 = 2007.

That tells me that both batch numbers are in the authentic format.

Given the time difference in production (from the batch codes) it's possible that the height of the wording on the jars is a manufacturing change - best for one of our pigment jar experts to confirm that one!

panda0410

The height of the wording is quite variable actually.... I have found that most glitters haver higher placement of wording and so do *some* of the PRO and LE pigments as well.... I dont use that as an indicator of authenticity at all.

The font on the Melon base sticker I find a little odd.... I know that larger fonts were used in *some* batches in the 2003 -2005 period, Coco Beach, Vanilla and Golden Lemon are 3 that I have personally and know to be authentic, Melon may or may not be one of them also.

Pigment swatches would be needed to determine authenticity outright, but otherwise the packaging appears OK to me
smiles.gif