Which red lippie/gloss do you love?

Blushbaby

I'm an NC45 and would love to wear red lippie for nights out but I haven't got a clue which shade would suit me and I get really embarassed when an SA plonks on a seat in the middle of the beauty hall and starts playing with my face in front of everyone!!

What MAC shade are you and which red lipsticks/glosses have you found to be most flattering?

jenii

Hm, welllll... I'm an NW20, but I'm picturing your skintone and I think that Russian Red lipglass would be nice on you. I have it, and it does work on me, but it's kind of shocking against my pale skin. I think it would look really pretty on darker skintones.

I always liked Chili, too. I haven't worn it in years, but back when I was younger, and my skin was around NW35-ish, it looked great on me!

Fresh Moroccan would also look really pretty on darker skin, I think.

Anyway, I'd definitely try Chili or Fresh Moroccan. Chili is matte, and Fresh Moroccan is a frost, I think. I hope that helped a little bit!

erica_1020

I am intimidated by red sometimes but a few months ago I bought MAC Ladybug. It's a lustre formula so not matte and I like it a lot. I am NC45 also

lsperry

I Love these –

Regular Lipglass/Lustreglass:
Venetian - Shade description: Maraschino pink with pearl
Russian Red - Shade description: Vivid intense bluish-red

Limited Edition:
Chance Encounter - Shade description: Passion red with coral undertone (Cream)

I'm NW45.

BinkysBaby

I have Liza Red and I love it. It's just enough hit to stand out without making you look like a clown. Tyra had a segment on one of her show where she talked about selecting the right shade of red for your skin tone.

amoona

I'm an NC40 and I love Russian Red l/s with Venetian l/g on top of it. Also great, and my first red lippie, is Dubonnet l/s with Venetian l/g over it. Dubonnet is a lil darker and more burgendy on me then Russian Red.

milamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica_1020
I am intimidated by red sometimes but a few months ago I bought MAC Ladybug. It's a lustre formula so not matte and I like it a lot. I am NC45 also

i have this color too and im a NW 45. i like it because it starts off kinda sheer and then you can build it up. and it looks great if you put some clear gloss over it. this is what it looks like on me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/milamonster/halloween027-1.jpg

MAC_Pixie04

I love Dubonnet lipstick with Burgundy/Chestnut liner
NARS Scandal lipgloss
Venetian lipglass
Viva Glam 1 lipstick/Burgundy Liner/NARS Scandal=great combo

SELFstyled

Dubonnet l/s and Greed l/glass are my picks!
smiles.gif

ebonyannette

I agree with Warning lip varnish its my favorite thing ever but it is LE so hopefully you can find it.

I also LOVE pure vanity lipglass, it is gorgeous. I like Russian Red lipglass too. Also the viva glam (the 1st and 3rd one) is awesome.

I have to do my red lips with a liner so I like to use soft plum or red enriched creamstick liner or Redd or Brick lip pencil.

braidey

I am an NW45 and I Revlon Super Lustrous l/g in cherries in the glow. It is a red lipgloss that any skintone can wear and it has the wet look.

red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
I also LOVE pure vanity lipglass, it is gorgeous.

To die for
eyelove.gif

I felt like a geisha wearing it
graucho.gif

picture1510ra5.jpg

Beachgrl07

I don't have it, but I love the look of MAC's Chance Encounter Lipglass. I don't know why but blue based reds make me look really ruddy but this one looks like it's a bit more orange-y. I just can't wait to get paid to buy it!

AudreyNicole

MAC Happening Gal lipglass (LE with Barbie). It's not red, red but it is as red as I feel comfortable with. It is kind of brick, wine red.
smiles.gif