Which Red Lips should I get?

astronaut

I'm going to the mall this Saturday, and I want to get something reds for my lips, but I can't decide what! Here's what I can't decide on:

lasting lust pro longwear
PRO: Lasts real long time

Viva Glam I lipstick and Russian Red lipgloss
PRO: I won't feel as guilty getting Viva Glam because at least I can say it's going to donation lol.

Russian Red lipstick and Russian Red lipgloss
PRO: Well I guess Russian Red would go well with Russian red since they have the same name lol I don't know

I hope some people can help me decide on what to get so I won't have to annoy the MA lol and what if those combos of lipstick and lipgloss even look right since I don't even know how they look in real life. I don't have swatches and it's a pain in the butt trying to find it through pages and pages searching.

saniyairshad

U can also try Fanplastico Lacquer. It's a liquid lipstick. But from the above suggestions I would suggest VGI and Russian Red l/g i love them both

Kat

RR lipglass and lipstick together is pretty awesome - it will make your lips SO red and plasticy though. But if u just use the lipstick alone it'll be just as red but not as shiny. Maybe a versatile combo to get.

Depends how RED you want things I guess - RR is pretty out there. I love it!

astronaut

I've been thinking about it and realized my lips don't do well with lipstick unless it's a subtle shade like high tea because they are feathered and aren't defined. It takes so much effort to put on a very intense lipstick for me because of that. Do you guys think that Russian Red lipglass alone would be red enough but not as intense? Or would it be really really sheer and not as noticeable?

Mixxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I've been thinking about it and realized my lips don't do well with lipstick unless it's a subtle shade like high tea because they are feathered and aren't defined. It takes so much effort to put on a very intense lipstick for me because of that. Do you guys think that Russian Red lipglass alone would be red enough but not as intense? Or would it be really really sheer and not as noticeable?

For a lipgloss I find Russian Red lipglass alone is very pigmented and not at all sheer. It's really gorgeous and my favorite lipglass!
smiles.gif

Kat

I agree - Russian red is very pigmented, and I often wear it alone and still get a really bright look.

astronaut

Awesome! Thanks ladies! I think I'll just get Russian Red lipglass and get another lipglass with the extra money! Yay

ginger9

I own RR l/s but not the l/g but if it's as pigmented as the other have said then I highly suggest a lip liner or it might bleed and feather around the lip. Like I said I don't have RR l/g but I have this rimmel liquid lipstick and it's like a dark intense red and it bleeds on me.

Fairybelle

Don't forget a good liner!! Cherry lip pencil is a good one with Russian Red. Just remember to blend!

Hawkeye

I would get the pro longwear and here is why- that stuff doesn't move. Just put a thin layer on and that stuff is there for HOURS.

Alta Moda would be the one I would get. It's a good strong Red.

The reason longwearing is good is because nothing is worse than red fading on the lips or moving etc.

Kat

I never use liner and don't have any problems - but i guess if you are prone to feathering you might
smiles.gif