Which SF shade to use?

MACaholic76

So, if I'm trying to even out my skintone and I've tried the following, which one should I try next in Studio Fix?
NC42/NC43 - too light and pinkish on me but looks ok when I pair it w/studio finish concealer in NW40.
NC45 - too orange and oxidizes on me
C6 - ok but a bit too yellow and makes me look jaundice and caked up.
C7 - orangy

I'm inclined to use NW40 since the Studio Finish concealer when well blended and topped w/bronzer looks good. Whadayathink?

BlahWah

Hrm, the first option seems the best... as for trying out the NW40 in SFF, if the NC's are too pinkish for you, wouldn't the NW be more so? You can try it out though, since this line pulls surprises on everyone! From what you've tried so far, NC42/43 is the most/only workable one.

Good luck hunting your shade down!

MACaholic76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Hrm, the first option seems the best... as for trying out the NW40 in SFF, if the NC's are too pinkish for you, wouldn't the NW be more so? You can try it out though, since this line pulls surprises on everyone! From what you've tried so far, NC42/43 is the most/only workable one.

Good luck hunting your shade down!

Thanks for the info! See, the thing is that I am indeed warm but have discoloration so when I wear NC foundation it makes me look pink or dirty. I just got back from my counter and got the NW40 and it's a perfect match. I love it! Thanks!

ebonyannette

I use the NW's too, my cheeks, nose, and forhead are lighter than the rest of my face but I always match the foundation to the darker part of my face. I know alot of us dont want to look darker but thats the only thing that makes my skin look even.

Before I started using MAC other MA's would match foundation to the light part of my face and it would look really ashy, then a MAC MA had a keen enough eye to go darker and also realized that even though Im dark I have of pink/red in my skin. Most people assume since your dark you have yellow/orange undertones.

The way I look at it is by jewelery. I always wear silver because I think it looks better on me. So to me, I take that as meaning Im more "cool" My best friend (who is just as dark as me) always wears gold she would die if she ever wore silver becuase it makes her look really washed out. So to me that makes her more "warm"
I could be totally wrong but thats just my lil' philosophy.

Thats why I love MAC cause they take alot of the guess work out of it.

MACaholic76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
I use the NW's too, my cheeks, nose, and forhead are lighter than the rest of my face but I always match the foundation to the darker part of my face. I know alot of us dont want to look darker but thats the only thing that makes my skin look even.

Before I started using MAC other MA's would match foundation to the light part of my face and it would look really ashy, then a MAC MA had a keen enough eye to go darker and also realized that even though Im dark I have of pink/red in my skin. Most people assume since your dark you have yellow/orange undertones.

The way I look at it is by jewelery. I always wear silver because I think it looks better on me. So to me, I take that as meaning Im more "cool" My best friend (who is just as dark as me) always wears gold she would die if she ever wore silver becuase it makes her look really washed out. So to me that makes her more "warm"
I could be totally wrong but thats just my lil' philosophy.

Thats why I love MAC cause they take alot of the guess work out of it.

Well, I think that's a good philosophy you are standing behind. I've realized that the NC/NW game is really complicated and it does take a keen eye, perhaps even a conversation with the person, to find the perfect match. My assumption is that most, if not ALL the SAs I've dealt with would look at my body and automatically put me on the NC category. I went with it for years and it wasn't until recent that I had to say...HOLD UP! I'm telling you, today I feel like a new me was born! Yay for the right foundation match!!!

Latest posts