Why a seperate forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sewpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
It organizes things very simply, but it includes anyone who wants to join. You don't post questions about Latina makeup issues, for instance, but if you're a Latina who's familiar with Asian makeup issues and how to solve them, you're more than welcome to say something. That's just one example.

for real, I want to learn more about dark skin makeup technique as I am a make-up artist wannabe, who happens to have caucasin skin. How else would I learn if things weren't consise?

Lady_MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Can we have a separate forum for Women of Non-Colour for us fair skinned gals?

lmao.gif
graucho.gif

Is there a need when the board is predominately white, automatically making many of the posts about fair women/men?

ebonyannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_MAC
Is there a need when the board is predominately white, automatically making many of the posts about fair women/men?

now, now ladies... cant we all just...get along
lol.gif

( I havent heard that in about 2 years!)

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_MAC

Um, wow, it was a joke.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how humbled and flattered that you chose a look I did... This means so much to me. More than you will ever know.. Thank you SO much..

I have looked at several pictures you posted and used them as guides for eyeshadow placement and other makeup ideas. [Most women at work have seen the change and think I've had expert instructions; they've asked me for help---I steer them to Specktra.net] I've gotten compliments from grocery store clerks, waitresses, saleswomen. I've even been asked if I'm a makeup artist.

Even though I am handicapped by the fact that there is no store in my area, I was able to purchase online several items featured in the "Poll: Favorite colors for Dark Skin Tones". I wanted to expand my collection and it would not have been possible had I not had those suggestions because the online descriptions are not easy to interpret. And, I should say, I've never been disappointed in the colors when I've received them. So, I want to thank all you ladies for your help. Next week I'm going out of town on a business trip and while there, me and my girlfriend are buying other MAC makeup suggested in these forums. I've learned more here than I ever learned in the 35 years I've been wearing makeup. P.S. I showed your pictures to another girlfriend and she suggested we have a make-up party sometime in the future -- using your pictures as a guideline! So, thank you for being our model/instructor. You think maybe some royalties should be coming your way?
lol.gif

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
P.S. I showed your pictures to another girlfriend and she suggested we have a make-up party sometime in the future -- using your pictures as a guideline! So, thank you for being our model/instructor

oh my!!!
blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
friends.gif
thank u SOOOO much!!!!
th_kiss.gif
th_kiss.gif

aziza

Quote: