Why do I need MSFs?

mskitchmas

What all the hub-bub with the MSF's? I don't have any, but of course, am willing to have my arm twisted! How are these used? Any recommendations on usage and colors? I'm pretty fair, with lots of pink in my skin.

wavey.gif

mzcelaneous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskitchmas
What all the hub-bub with the MSF's? I don't have any, but of course, am willing to have my arm twisted! How are these used? Any recommendations on usage and colors? I'm pretty fair, with lots of pink in my skin.

wavey.gif

Ditto.
I don't own any either...only because everytime I try to purchase at least one, it's sold out or backordered & then sold out
angry.gif
Any recs. for tan-ish/olive-ish skin?

ladybugz07

MSFs are awesome! They give the skin an irridescent/glowy appearance. I'm an NC30 and my favorites are Stereo Rose & So Ceylon (I also have Porcelain Pink, Shimpagne, Petticoat, Shooting Star, New Vegas & Gold Deposit). They are used mostly as blush and/or highlighters. So, color recommendations depend on what you wish to use them for. Also, texture varies slightly, as the newest ones with Lingerie were glittery (I think these 2 colors are less popular due to this) and others are irridescent or shimmery. When the new collection comes out later this summer, check them out at the counter! Oh, and while they are more expensive than most blush/highlighters, they are much more beautiful and last a very long time...
smiles.gif

mskitchmas

thank you! i was snooping through the reviews of MSFs and saw Porcelain Pink mentioned a few times...i believe it will be out again later this summer. i will definately check it out.

my poor wallet!

lol.gif

dstroyedangel

I will say this, once they're gone you'll regret it, thats why everyone is all hyped up for skinfinishes, they give a wonderful glowy sheen that looks natural- i think thats the key thing, im an nc30 and stereo rose is my baby alongside so ceylon ! I also have gold deposit and porcelain pink and they're great as well, I think shooting star is what most people are anticipating since its the "new one"
smiles.gif
....At least thats what Im anticipating! I think like the above poster said the lingerie ones had pieces of glitter and stuff and were not as popular due to that. But from what I've heard the new ones are like the goldplay ones released last year- very fine and such! Yay
smiles.gif
!

MacVirgin

I absolutely second what ladybugz07 said! try to get at least one 8)
I also LUV Porcelaine pink!! and use it almost everyday as u blusher. it's so pretty!!
eyelove.gif
i try to get as many as i can, because i use them daily
smiles.gif

After i receive Pleasureflush i wil only need stereo rose, metal rock and so ceylon to complete the collection i think. I think there are 10 or 11 dif msfs. Girls please correct me if i'm wrong
th_confused_new.gif

pr1nces583

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacVirgin
I absolutely second what ladybugz07 said! try to get at least one 8)
I also LUV Porcelaine pink!! and use it almost everyday as u blusher. it's so pretty!!
eyelove.gif
i try to get as many as i can, because i use them daily
smiles.gif

After i receive Pleasureflush i wil only need stereo rose, metal rock and so ceylon to complete the collection i think. I think there are 10 or 11 dif msfs. Girls please correct me if i'm wrong
th_confused_new.gif

i think there's 11 including the new one thats about to be released. i have petticoat and stereo rose. im planning on getting shimpagne and one of the others but i can almost guarantee i will buy all 3!

AudreyNicole

I only have one (Naked You) and it made me break out horribly... Its such a shame, because I love how it looks. I wanted Shimpagne and Porcelain Pink but I am rethinking that now...
ssad.gif

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I only have one (Naked You) and it made me break out horribly... Its such a shame, because I love how it looks. I wanted Shimpagne and Porcelain Pink but I am rethinking that now...
ssad.gif

if that's the only one you've got, you have no real impression of a msf yet, because that one was terrible!!!! shimpagne and porcelain pink are great, def. get those if you get the chance!!!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne
if that's the only one you've got, you have no real impression of a msf yet, because that one was terrible!!!! shimpagne and porcelain pink are great, def. get those if you get the chance!!!

Hmmm maybe I will get one of them then instead of both... Now the question is Shimpagne or Porcelain Pink for an NW20 with lots of pink undertones?!?!?

Cool Kitten

I'm the only one who isn't crazy about Shimpagne
greengrin.gif

I love Porcelain Pink as an all over highlighter, Petticoat as a blush (my HG!) and So Ceylon as a bronzer.

Cool Kitten

Quote:
Now the question is Shimpagne or Porcelain Pink for an NW20 with lots of pink undertones?!?!?

Porcelain Pink!!!!! i'm the same color as you and Shimpagne makes me look oily.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Kitten
I'm the only one who isn't crazy about Shimpagne
greengrin.gif

I love Porcelain Pink as an all over highlighter, Petticoat as a blush (my HG!) and So Ceylon as a bronzer.

Could PP be used at a blush on NW20 if it was layered enough? I am looking for a little color...

Shimmer

I use it as a blush from time to time...and I dunno what color I am on the MAC scale, as I don't use it, but I'm sure you could look at my FOTDs and see where I am in relation to you..

shriekingviolet

Quote:
Could PP be used at a blush on NW20 if it was layered enough? I am looking for a little color...

I'm a NW15-NW20 (depending on the foundation formula) and PP isn't much as a blush on me as it's pretty sheer and seems to just blend with my skintone. I'm sure I could get it to work as one if I used a good blush brush (like maybe the #168) and really layered, but I'd rather just use another pink blush that could give me the amount of color I want in one swipe. I already spend enough time on my makeup in the morning. By the time I get to my cheeks, I'm usually in a hurry!

That said, PP is my most used MSF. It's a very pretty overall highlighter on pink-skinned people! I buff it in all over my face with a #187 brush. It doesn't make me look pinker, sparkly or shiny, just makes my skin look healthy, glowy and more awake! It's nice and subtle, which I love, and at least on my skin tone, is pretty goofproof. Which isn't something I can say about Shimpagne. Like Cool Kitten, unless I'm really careful and controlled in my application, it makes me look like a grease pit.

Wattage

Audrey: I suggest trying Porc. Pink. It didn't break me out whereas other MSFs did. Sanne is right that Naked You is the worst MSF they have released.

smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
Audrey: I suggest trying Porc. Pink. It didn't break me out whereas other MSFs did. Sanne is right that Naked You is the worst MSF they have released.

smiles.gif

Thanks! I am going to get this one!
smiles.gif

Cool Kitten

Quote:

PP doesn't work on me as a blush, it doesn't show up enough.

Cool Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by shriekingviolet
Like Cool Kitten, unless I'm really careful and controlled in my application, it makes me look like a grease pit.

Shimpagne makes me look greasy no matter how light the application is!
I use 187 and if i apply it anywhere but the apples of my cheeks- HELLO oily look! And my skin is actually dry.

Latest posts