Wild untamed eyelashes

leana01

I have always had a problem with my eyelashes because I sleep on my stomach. It causes my eyelashes to go in all different directions. I have a heated eyelash curler and it helps a lot but my lashes still look like they need to be combed once they are curled. I use a clean mascara wand to comb them but it really does nothing because it is not heated. HELP!!! :confused:

Hawkeye

Try using a metal eyelash comb and use your hair dryer to blast it for like 3 seconds then run it through your lashes. That should help
smiles.gif

leana01

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
Try using a metal eyelash comb and use your hair dryer to blast it for like 3 seconds then run it through your lashes. That should help
smiles.gif

Where do you find a metal eyelash comb?

lsperry

I got one in a brow and lash kit from Bare Escentuals when QVC had a “one time only value”. They sell them alone, too. Here’s the info from http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail.

Item Number A65069. Bare Escentuals Lash Comb. QVC Price $10.00. Shipping and Handling $3.97. Smooth out your lashes with this Bare Escentuals Metal Lash Comb. With metal teeth, it looks and works with professional appeal. Gently comb through lashes starting at the lash line and working outward to eliminate clumps. Clean with a gentle cleanser and dry thoroughly with a soft cloth. Measures approximately 5-1/2"L. Made in USA.

I love mine. The “plastic” lash and brow brushes don’t do it for me.

I don't know if Target or Smashbox have them in their brush line. I know Smashbox used to have the mascara wand/metal lash comb brush, but I didn't see it on their website. You might trying calling their 1-800 no. HTH

attacuswings

Target has Sonia K(can't spell!) metal lash combs in a full sized version as well as a little fold up travel version. I have the travel sized one and I love it - they do a much better job than plastic combs.

leana01

Mac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
Yup! Along with Sonia Kashuk is MAC
smiles.gif
They have one too!

I can't find a lash comb on the MAC website. :confused:

lara

Tweezerman do a great metal folding lash comb.

If your eyelashes are crimped from sleeping, wet them really well when you have a hot shower in the morning. When you get out and dry yourself off, gently pat them into place between your thumb and forefinger until they're dry. That should take out the majority of the kinks, and any kinks left should be smoothed out by the heated lash wand.
smiles.gif

Hawkeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by leana01
I can't find a lash comb on the MAC website. :confused:

Hmmm. I can't either. I know I got a mac one.

Anyway- tweezerman is also very good.

leana01

Update

I found the tweezerman Lash comb at Sallys and also a heated lash curler. The Lash comb is great... Its sooooo much better than the plastic ones. The plastic ones do nothing for me. The heated lash curler I got form Sally's in combination with the one I already had gives my lashes a MAJOR improvement. The lash curler I already had was a heated one that crimps the lashes to make them curl. The one I purchased from Sallys is one that you just hold on the lashes. I find that this one helps to straighten my lashes then I use my other one to curl them. I also bought some MAC mascara X and so far this combination seems to work and also adds about an hour to my makeup routine. :cartwheel:

Latest posts