Would spraying Fix + over the Mac Primer ruin the primer's effect?

Sushi_Flower

I'm thinking of converting to Mac Primer instead of using a moisturiser for oily skin to keep my skin matte (so i can go back to using a combination skin moisturiser). I always used to spray Fix+ over the moisturiser so that my Studio Tech foundation would glide on when applying, could i still do this over the Primer or would it ruin the effect of the primer and/or prevent it from keeping my skin matte as long as it would have without it?

caffn8me

You won't need to do this after applying Prep + Prime Skin as the product will leave your skin silky smooth for easy application of foundation anyway. Spraying Fix+ may have an adverse effect.

sharronmarie

I have oily skin and use to spray fix+ before using the primer and found it to make my skin super shiney!!! Once I stopped using the fix+ my skin stayed matte

Sushi_Flower

Well i tried applying Studio Tech over the Primer once before as i had a sample of the primer but it was harder to apply it as i am used to applying it with Fix + sprayed on first as it applies beautifully with it and blends really well. Hmm anyone know if it will affect the primers abilties for sure?

Sushi_Flower

Yes i obviosuly will as i've bought it but i'd love to have a proper answer by someone who knows wether the Fix + really does react in anyway to the Primer to make it work less well.

MACgirl

i use prep + prime skin then my foundation and concealer then spray on fix + to put on my studio fix...thne after that i follow with invisible set then agian i spray lightly with fix + and im done. I have oily t zone and i stay matte all day and my makeup stays put!

Latest posts