Would using Blot Powder like this be a bad idea..?

Sushi_Flower

My querie is mainly regarding Blot Powder and wether i should continue buying it which is why i've posted this in the Mac area.

I'm thinking of switching to Stila Illuminating liquid foundation after using Studio Tech for ages, but i use Blot Powder alot and have one in use right now and another new one. I've heard Stila ILF can get a bit dewy/shiny so would using Blot Powder over a foundation like this be a good idea or will it look odd or maybe ruin the effect of a foundation like that?

Sanne

do you mean that you want to use it as a powder to set the foundation? I don't know if it's ment for that, I think you need to apply the foundation, next the loose/pressed powder to set the foundation and after that you use the blot powder on the shiny parts of your face.

Sushi_Flower

I wish i could do that and i tried it out (there was a thread here just a couple of weeks ago about my problem) but normal powders seem to go orange on me, maybe another brand wouldn't go orange on me but then other brands don't seem to cater to my skin tone. I found Blot Powder works really well for me as a powder in itself and i don't have to worry about my skin tone changing colour.

Can anyone help with my original question?

so_siqqq

When I first got Blot Powder the MA told me I could use it to set my foundation. So I see no problem in using it to set another kind of foundation.

Sushi_Flower

Thankyou for the replys.

But what i mean is that the Stila foundation is of an illuminating kind and so would using Blot Powder over it ruin the effect that the foundation is meant to give?

Miss_MAC

Yes it would essentially ruin the dewy look if u put the blot powder over it. I have MAC Hyper REal foundation and it has that dewy stuff in it...but when i put blot powder over it it does sort of ruin it. I usually only put the blot powder on my nose, forehead, and jawline (where i get most of my blemishes) but if u keep it off ur cheeks u should be fine. Because thats really the only place u want shine/dew anyways.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_MAC
Yes it would essentially ruin the dewy look if u put the blot powder over it. I have MAC Hyper REal foundation and it has that dewy stuff in it...but when i put blot powder over it it does sort of ruin it. I usually only put the blot powder on my nose, forehead, and jawline (where i get most of my blemishes) but if u keep it off ur cheeks u should be fine. Because thats really the only place u want shine/dew anyways.

Exactly what she said....