your favorite powder

Luxurious

i want to buy a new powder and what would you recommed? sometimes my skin is dry and after a 6/7h a bit oily. I'm nc25(MAC) und i seach a loose powder or compact. so please make a post
smiles.gif

thanks for answer
smiles.gif

Corvs Queen

I really like YSL heart pressed powder. I works wonders but it's kind of pricey. To me though, it's worth every cent. Hope that helps.

SChotgurrl

My HG powders are Matte-nificent pressed powder (perfect for oily skin) and Powder-matic loose powder by mark. I'm a representative so PM if you'd like to order/details
smiles.gif

kare31

I use Chantecaille Loose Powder. Pricey, but it gives a soft, flawless finish, and doesn't "cake" after a few hours. The coverage is light if i apply with a brush, or heavy if i apply with a puff. It also doesn't make my face itch like other powders.

My second favorite powder is MAC Invisible Pro Set Powder. Love the finish, the color was true, but it made my face itch. My skin is strangely sensitive. I've heard it works well for other people, though.

I use Laura Mercier Powder Foundation for touchups during the day if my foundation has worn off in spots. I never cared for blot powder; i prefer blotting sheets.

Julie

I am also an NC25 and I have mostly dry skin that sometimes gets a little oily later in the day and I love MAC's Medium Dark Blot Powder Compact. Before I bought this I would touch up throughout the day with Select Sheer powder and it would just cake up. Since using it Blot Powder I put it on after my makeup and then only need to touch up 1-2 times during the day. The loose Blot Powder is also very nice I just forget to use it most of the time.

lara

I absolutely swear by Blot. Nothing to do with brand loyalty, rather that it's a great all-purpose powder in my kit and I can use it on all types of skin without any drama.

Luxurious

loose or compact. is there a difference? I know that one is loose and one is compact but which do you like more?

hyperRealGurl

I like either Beauty Powder for the entire face... not sure if its meant to be used on the entire face. But that what i use it for. And i also like Cornsilk Mattiifying Loose powder.

lovejam

I like MAC's Select Sheer Loose Powder. It is *really* good. I love the texture, and the finish. My skin is normal, but I can see how this powder would work for oily or dry types too. I always prefer loose powder, because pressed almost always looks cakey on me. Must be the binders they use to press it?

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxurious
loose or compact. is there a difference? I know that one is loose and one is compact but which do you like more?

I use the pressed compacts - they take up less space in my kit and are less likely to turn into a powder explosion. I know some people on MUA bitch that it's too fragile and that the compacts shatter, but (touch wood) I'm yet to have one go belly up on me.

natalie75

Colors in Blot Powder NW20?

I've been wearing NW20 Select Sheer Loose for ages, but the other day the lady doing my hair said she was using MAC Translucent? Blot? and I really noticed the difference big time!!

She said it had no color??? What color Loose Blot powder do you wear if you are an NW20?

I've done several "Specktra" searches but don't find anything.

User67

I really love the MAC Select Sheer Pressed, I have combo skin & this works great for me.

Latest posts