Your top four brown eyeshadows

lara

I'm in the midst of depotting into quads and am discovering the rather large holes in my colour collection, so...

What are your four must-have brown eyeshadows?

Apart from copper and bronze lustres, the only straight brown I own is Swiss Chocolate and that's it - not a good showing at all.
If you were completing a brown quad, what colours couldn't you miss? I'm going to the pro store this afternoon to give my debit card a workout, so hit a sister up!

Julie

Rummy, Tempting, Satin Taupe and Sable are four of my favorite browns. I also love Coco Beach Pigment.

Kat

well...some of these aren't technically 'brown' but they come out that way on me...

Bronze (frost)
Patina (frost)
Woodwinked (veluxe pearl)
All that Glitters (veluxe pearl)

I've just bought Patina and I really like it - it's much more of a cool brown. Bronze is a very warm brown, a really true 'bronze' colours i guess. One of my friends LOVES Mulch - it's a little less red toned than Bronze.

Hope this is at least a little bit of a help! Sorry about those last 2 that are open to interpretation as 'browns'. But i just love woodwinked and must mention it at every opportunity
winks.gif

lara

So far Woodwinked has it!

I was looking through on the MAC pro site for ideas, but those colour swatches are so out of whack, it wasn't helping at all. Brown really isn't a colour I wear myself but it's something I really burn through when working on other people, so I really need to go buy some more.
smiles.gif

user2

Sensualize
winks.gif

Amber Lights
Elite
Bagatelle

But most of them are LEs so I'm not that big of an help!

Ms. Z

Brown e/s

Embark
Shag (looks like Swiss Chocolate, also looks like Haux))

Sue devitt Tan-Tan (silky matte/warm chocolate) *looks like it fits in the MAC palette.

PrescriptivesPort *this color is discontinued but still available on the website (I have this one in my palette)

P.S. The e/s Shag, Rummy and Twinks are still available at the MAC Pro store in NYC

Nico.

I'd say Woodwinked, but I don't consider it brown. Mulch, Soba (which is invisible on most people, but I'm quite pale), Club, Espresso or Haux.

mspixieears

Sensualise - that one is yummers! But it is LE.

Woodwinked, will probably work better on you than me, as you're paler (assuming that's your photo in your avatar. W'winked only shows on top of things, never on my bare skin).

Twinks is pretty soo-weet too!

And dear god, if you can find the glorious Naturalism paint - SNAP IT UP!!! Yes, I'm a tad passionate about that one...but Deep Shadow may suffice at a pinch. I know they're not shadows as such, but N'lism is a fab base for warm greens.

Latest posts