NARS Lipsticks

MzzRach

I love NARS as a brand and like several of their lipsticks.

However, I have found that the lipsticks go "off" much more quickly than other brands. Essentially, before I use a tube up, it starts smelling rancid. Not good.

Maybe I just have had bad luck. It's a shame, because they have some amazing colours. I just bought a new tube of Galaxy Girl (a nude gold-pink) and am hoping it lasts!

MiCHiE

These don't last on my lips when I wear a gloss on top of them. Anyone else experience this? I wore Christina with a little clear gloss on top and the color just faded off within an hour or so.

just_jill325

I currently only have one NARS lipstick and I looove it! Way better than the two MAC ones I had before. It's canaille from the 2008 Holiday line and I find it very sheer and moisturizing. I don't like a lot of color on my lips just to enhance what I already have! I believe it's a sheer color.

MissResha

i own two. viridiana and scarlett empress.

just 2 will cost you 50 bucks.

are they worth that price?

in MY opinion, absolutely not. i'm not saying they're not good, but they're just NOT worth 24 bucks a pop. like, not at all. they should seriously considering lowering that. I seriously have a revlon lipstick that feels the same and is the same exact color (no serious difference) as one of them, and i only paid 6 bucks for that one lol. I wouldn't buy anymore of their lipsticks but i seriously love most of their other products. their blushes are the shit. i've never used a blush that was more pigmented and longer lasting than NARS. but their lipsticks? nah, you can find better deals elsewhere.

glitterkitten

I'm in love with my Fire Down Below (a blood red) and Napoli (a sheer nude).
I have a ton of MAC stuff but love these too! The price is a little high, but if I see a shade I love, I get it.

Bernadette120

i have bought 3 nars lipsticks on sephora.com. i love all three of them! for the price i was worried but i have to say it is my favorite brand of lipstick right now.

i have:
-flair
-dolce vita
-gipsy

LatinaRose

I'm holding off on them for now. They are $32 plus 13% tax in Canada. I'm saving up for a couple big things right now, so lipstick is not that important to me at the moment.

I keep waiting for Schiap to pop up on ebay tho
winks.gif

Terry74

I use both NARS and MAC lipsticks, I love both...but NARS shades are amazing, especially the red ones. I have Transeurope Express, Trans Siberian and Shanghai Express and they are all quite unique: they are not 'plain' red, but they all include some touches of other colours (fuchsia, blue). Their lasting quality is quite high, but they are a bit drying, imo. As for their nude shades, well, they are not good for me (I have a Mediterranean olive complexion): I've tried Belle de Jour and Blonde Venus and they completely wash me out. As for neutrals, I think that MAC lipsticks have no equal.

gabi03

I tried to get Honolulu Honey, well i got it and it washed me out. i'm NC50, so i went back and for a good 20 minutes just tried on every nude lipstick, it came down to Barbarella and Niagara. I ended up with Barbarella and its great, I need to go back and get Niagara...soon.

nursejan2

I have Shanghai Express when I feel like being bold and Dolce Vita for everyday toned down look. I find Dolce Vita to be moisturizing also.
love.gif

Dominique33

The semi-matte formula is very drying but some shades are really beautiful. I love the sheer ones and also the satin formula. I have many Nars lipsticks, pigments are just great but I think " semi-matte " means matte !