Where can I sell a laptop?

AmiS4ys

Simple as that. I have a laptop that I'm trying desperate to sell and I can't seem to get myself out there enough. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I can do so? Hell, if anyone's interested in it, you can PM me. I just want it gone. TIA!

LMD84

well you could make an advert in the clearence bin for it. you don't have to sell just make up
smiles.gif

but i sold an imac on ebay a couple fo years ago and good a large amount of money for it
smiles.gif
or do you have a local paper you could place an ad in? are you at school? is there a notice board you can advertise it on?

Cinci

I agree school bulletin boards are a great idea.. most students are on the lookout for a good deal.. Also, you could list it on facebook marketplace and be sure to post a link on your profile.. you could also create a an email with pics and all the stats on it, and send it to everyone in your email address book and ask them to help you out by passing it on to anyone they think would be interested.. you'd have a better chance of selling it locally that way and it would be easier to sell than having to ship it..

AmiS4ys

so far i've posted it on craigslist and facebook marketplace. i'm a little wary of eBay because I'm afraid I'll get under the amount I needed to get. any thoughts on that?

i mean i guess i could try the bulletin board at school but no one really looks at it.

hello_kitty

You could always set a reserve price on Ebay, so if the bids don't hit that you don't have to sell it.

Make sure you clear the harddrive, too.
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiS4ys
so far i've posted it on craigslist and facebook marketplace. i'm a little wary of eBay because I'm afraid I'll get under the amount I needed to get. any thoughts on that?

i mean i guess i could try the bulletin board at school but no one really looks at it.

yes you can set a reserve which means even if the bidding doesn't get high enough for you, you can decide if you want to let it go for what the highest bid is.

just remember that computers do date very quickly. for example mine cost about £650 when i bought it. if i were to sell it now it wouldn't get more than £400 and it is about 2 years old and in perfect condition.

AmiS4ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
just remember that computers do date very quickly. for example mine cost about £650 when i bought it. if i were to sell it now it wouldn't get more than £400 and it is about 2 years old and in perfect condition.

thats basically my scenario. i got it in '07 and bought it for $511. i dont expect to get anything more than $350, but $300 is what I need to cover the netbook I'm trying to purchase.

Makeup Emporium

If you sell it on EBay you could also do as a buy it now. In other words if you want $300 just list it as a $300 buy it now instead of auction style with a reserve.

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
Make sure you clear the harddrive, too.
smiles.gif

It's going to take some time, but I recommend deleting any programs, personal files (photos!), etc.

Then do a hard wipe in the BIOS, and reformat the hard drive. Throw in a partition or two to mix things up.

And then do it again.

And then do it again, but don't add any extra partitions, and reinstall Windows (or whatever OS, but I'm assuming Windows).

The best way you can erase a hard drive is to repeatedly reformat it and rewrite over it. The more you do it, the harder it is for someone to go back and pull up anything.