#2 Brush??

iwantmakeup

Fake? Real? I've never heard of a #2 brush. I don't use mac brushes, so I could totally be in the dark here. Googled it, can't find this brush! It has FRANCE etched in the handle also. Sorry for the pewpy pic.
MUA140.jpg

trammie

hmm this doesnt look like MAC. The 2 is quite small compared to the "MAC" logo, they are usually the same size. That and the MAC brushes are all 3 numbers....

redambition

The really, really old MAC brushes had larger letters and a different numbering system.

That said - I am not familiar enough with those brushes or the system of numbering to be of much help here.

MAC_Whore

Some of my older brushes (like 10 or 12 years old) have larger lettering and a different numbering system. Some of them are two digits and some are three digits (but numbered the way they are now, i.e. 100s for face, 200s for eyes and 300s for lips). All that considered, those brushes are 10-12 years old, whereas this one pictured looks new. This #2 brush seems like a fake to me.

greeneyes81

even the brushes from years ago have the proper logo -- you can see on this #2 that the break in the "M" is not in the right place (it looks like in the center instead of off to the left slightly as in all real MAC brushes). so i'd have to say fake
ssad.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Some of my older brushes (like 10 or 12 years old) have larger lettering and a different numbering system. Some of them are two digits and some are three digits (but numbered the way they are now, i.e. 100s for face, 200s for eyes and 300s for lips). All that considered, those brushes are 10-12 years old, whereas this one pictured looks new. This #2 brush seems like a fake to me.

I love to say one day: "My older stuff from MAC, 10 or 12 years ago..."
lol.gif