.39 cents to 41 cents stamps

stefania905

I just heard of the price hike.

Do i have to go out & buy .2 cent stamps to go with my .39 cents ones orfor now....til i get the "forever" stamps, can i just put two . 39 cent stamps together???

semtexgirl

You can put 2 of the .39 stamps together but you'll be paying a lot more than necessary. The .2 markup stamps are a way to avoid this. Then, when you use up all of your .39 stamps, buy the forever stamps and you'll be good to go!

stefania905

i'll think about getting .2 cents stamp to go along with my .39 cents stamp...im just lazy as of now lol.

but thanks for answering my question!!

MACActress

A lot of services are facing I price increase as well. I think the cost of d/c and some other things are going up.

Janice

Stamps with no value printed on them that will be valid postage currency forever regardless of future postage price hikes. I'm definetly buying a roll, that should last me just about forever since we pay most of our bills online.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Stamps with no value printed on them that will be valid postage currency forever regardless of future postage price hikes. I'm definetly buying a roll, that should last me just about forever since we pay most of our bills online.

How much do those cost? I've never heard of it! How long has this been around??? :confused:

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
How much do those cost? I've never heard of it! How long has this been around??? :confused:

Forever stamps will be .41 until the next price increase. Then purchasing Forever stamps will cost more. The good thing about this new policy is that you will be able to buy stamps now and still use them when the price increases, without adding extra postage (like the .02 stamps).

Personally, I still think postage rates are pretty cheap for the service you get.

stefania905

hopefully there won't be a next one...but the "forever stamp" idea seems kinda cheesy to me...useful but cheesy...atleast the name

Suzyn

I can't believe its gone up again. Atleast most everything I do is on the internet. I hate the postal system anyway, they ALWAYS screw things up around here!!!

Raerae

Considering the service rendered, anywhere in the US for .41 cents, it's PRETTY good. Stamp costs increase as a reaction to rising costs of opperating. Gas prices, salary increases, whatever. All of these things cost more to run the postal service and in order to cover the costs, eventually stamps have to go up in price to compensate for the higher cost of opperation.

It's still dirt cheap in relation to how easy the service is to use. Considering they pick up at your door, or you can drop off at the millions of mailboxed and post offices nation wide.

Not a bad deal for .49 when you look at it. It would probably cost you more money in time/gasoline to drive an envalope yourself when you think about it.

Edit - Also the other thing you have to remember. The post office is able to function at such a low cost per envalope, because of shipping in BULK. Things like E-mail are reducing the number of people sending envalopes, so with less letters being shipped, there are less consumners to spread the opperating costs around. So thats another reason why prices are going up.