5 set lipglass authentic?

Babylard

So I received my first set of items today.

From the E-bay site,

SIZE: 2.4G/.08 US OZ
CONDITION: BRAND NEW; NEVER USED OR TESTED
COLOURS:
MOONSTONE Shade description: Silver pink with sparkles (Frost)-lipglass
ORNAMENTAL Shade description: Brilliantly bronzed copper red- lustreglass
PINK GRAPEFRUIT Shade description: flesh of fruit with golden shimmer-lipglass
CULTURED Shade description: An opalescent mauve pink- lipglass
DARIEELING Shade description: Bronze with golden sparkles (Frost)-lipglass

God I did not realize at all they were minis.. I paid $23 CA for them, is that a good deal?

Well for some reason.. the cap for pink grapefruit and ornamental are slightly taller than the others. Some smell like Vanilla, some smell strange..... The applicators are not spongetip brushes for the slightly taller grapefruit and ornamental. Is this normal? I never knew MAC made brush-type applicators. The font on all the items also seem a lot darker and bolder than my lovechild tinted lipglass that I bought from MAC. Maybe these were all features from a past holiday set I am not aware of?

If you need anymore info, let me know.
Thanks.

courters

Some pictures might help!
smiles.gif

MAC does make sets of five mini lipglasses for the holidays, but if they are all from the same set they should all match. Maybe they are from different sets? The sets run 29.50 US this year.

They should all smell like vanilla. I've heard that when the vanilla smell is gone is when you are supposed to toss it, but that could be wrong.

I've never seen a lipglass with a brush applicator, but I have only been into MAC for about 3 years, so I don't know about longer ago than that.

gigglegirl

I have the ornametal and pink grapefruits I got with this year's lipglass sets. It sounds to me (w/out seeing pics) that someone sold the ones they didn't want, and perhaps ones from older collections.

The lipglosses by MAC should all smell like vanilla, and apparently can smell crayonish/not vanillaish when its gone bad.

If there were all new, I'd say yes, $23CDN is a great deal (the sets of 5 this year were 35.50 ea in Canada) but to me it sounds like a couple are bad and therefore I'd be hesitant.

sleepyhead

mac do use brush applicators for lustreglass, but pink grapefruit should come with a brush applicator though

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
I have the ornametal and pink grapefruits I got with this year's lipglass sets. It sounds to me (w/out seeing pics) that someone sold the ones they didn't want, and perhaps ones from older collections.

The lipglosses by MAC should all smell like vanilla, and apparently can smell crayonish/not vanillaish when its gone bad.

If there were all new, I'd say yes, $23CDN is a great deal (the sets of 5 this year were 35.50 ea in Canada) but to me it sounds like a couple are bad and therefore I'd be hesitant.

omg it does smell like crayons.. i couldn't put words for it but ornamental and grapefruit seriously smell like crayons..

gigglegirl

Ewww that seriously sucks. Have you tried contacting the seller to let them know you'd like perhaps a refund or something as a couple are bad?

Babylard

yeah uhh whatever.. i let it slide...

i learned to NEVER buy cosmetics without packaging unless you really know its going to be legit. like know 100% ...

anywho.. i hate ebay. i am only gonna use it for d/c items.

thanks everyone, i learned how shitty ebay can be.