A Small Victory

red

I've been trying to help a friend of mine, after she purchased counterfeit Mac, to get her money back. The seller finally agreed to refund.

This SOB .. well see for yourself, a sample listing here
says he's selling Mac-style .. so he's able to get away with it.

Play on words as well, what he's saying is that he's selling you a brand new in box (mac-style) in a Mac box
th_LMAO.gif

very deceitful!!!

these are actual photos of what she received, I shuddered
angry.gif

red

the GREEN pigment, that has been discontinued for a while, had a batch code of A56
th_LMAO.gif

SparklingWaves

"Mac-Style" that's a new term for me. Those containers are really weird. Thank goodness your friend is going to get their money back. That's awful.
ssad.gif

red

some "pearls" from this guy:

SORRY BUT U CAN NOT TEL ME WHAT PICTURES I HAVE USED AND HOW I LISTED THE ITEM, IT SAYS MAC STYLE IN THE LISTING, UR MISTAKE IF U DINT READ. AND THE PICTURE ARE OF THE MAC STYLE PIGMENT. SORRY BUT I AM NOT GOIN TO REFUND ANY MONEY BACK TO YOU.

then i told her to say:

Sir, I don't want to file a complaint for false advertising with Ebay, I'm hoping to resolve this amicably. The photos you show of your pigments, are of a Mac pigment. The box states Makeup Arts Cosmetics.
So what's it going to be? Please refund immediately.

then he said:

if you loook at the picture it is an exact match to the item i sent. the picture are of the item i sent u.

then after some back and forth and getting nowhere, I told her to write:

The box in the image is that of Makeup Art Cosmetics (a forgery naturally) – so your Mac-like products come from Canada as well?.
Listen, I’m pretty tired of this back and forth and getting nowhere. I will take appropriate steps through the proper channels.
Thank you and have a nice day.

red

I want to kick his ass so bad
angry.gif

UR MISTAKE IF U DINT READ

listen you, you're mistaken, because I did read
th_LMAO.gif

rockin

Nabeelkarim, I might have guessed!

Lives in Leicester, the same as cutebabydoll6 who sold me the same type of fake MAC (complete with that funnel-like contraption inside the lid) and the two of them would appear to know each other, as one bought two car radios from the other a while back. Funnily enough, cutebabydoll6 also started putting 'MAC Style' in her listings after I told her her goods were fake (purchased from seller kalawatrd in Hong Kong)

When I was corresponding with MAC recently about cutebabydoll6's sales, I gave them nabeelkarim's name, too.

Well done, I'm glad you managed to get your friend's money back for her
smiles.gif

wolfsong

The products are still illegal - its against copywrite and trademark among other things. MAC could potentially sue them.

newagetomatoz

When I first saw the picture, I had a complete 'WTF?' moment. That is just crazy how he tries to justify what he was doing. "MAC Style" my ass. I feel bad for the people who don't know any better, but I'm glad your friend got a refund.

Though, this is me being a dork, I LOVE how he uses web-speak in his correspondence. Reeeeaaallll classy--just like his "MAC Style" products.

darkishstar

I find the fake sellers... if they're crazy enough and bad enough to cheat people, they wouldn't have great English either or they use webspeak. It's not just a coincidence.

MACATTAK

That's horrible...but at least she got her money back. Ebay is really getting to me lately, as it seems there are more fakes then anything
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

red

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
Nabeelkarim, I might have guessed!

Lives in Leicester, the same as cutebabydoll6 who sold me the same type of fake MAC (complete with that funnel-like contraption inside the lid) and the two of them would appear to know each other, as one bought two car radios from the other a while back. Funnily enough, cutebabydoll6 also started putting 'MAC Style' in her listings after I told her her goods were fake (purchased from seller kalawatrd in Hong Kong)

When I was corresponding with MAC recently about cutebabydoll6's sales, I gave them nabeelkarim's name, too.

Well done, I'm glad you managed to get your friend's money back for her
smiles.gif

That funnel-like contraption gives it such a nice touch of authenticity, wouldn't you agree?
drools.gif

red

I was checking out the pigment scene on Ebay, and came across this seller here

what do you think?

she gives the link to all the images
graucho.gif
here

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by red

what do you think?

graucho.gif
here

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! They're fakes!!! :/

Yes, thats right, you are bidding on TWO (2) pots, FULL-SIZE A07 pigments!

LMFAO! WTH, right???

red

I loved this part
graucho.gif
, gives it such a "nice touch"

EXTENUATING CIRCUSMSTANCES INCLUDE:

HOLIDAYS
ILL HEALTH
HOSPTILIZATION
BEREIVEMENT
OTHER (SPECIFIED BY BUYER)

I WILL BEAR ALL THESE IN MIND SO AS TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE TREATED FAIRLY
AND THAT DUE CREDIT IS GIVEN & COMPASSION SHOWN!

rockin

A07?? They're having a laugh! Love the pic of the obviously non-authentic sticker on the bottom of the jar

MACATTAK

At least the seller gave more pictures, if you still bid after all those...that's your own fault!

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by red

what do you think?

graucho.gif
here

What a silly bottom sticker...
I agree with the copyright.. MAC can indeed sue the bastards