Academy Awards' 2007 Make-up Styles

saniyairshad

Courtesy of www.people.com

• NICOLE KIDMAN
The presenter goes to great lengths with her long, straight locks, flawless skin and soft red lips.

• JENNIFER LOPEZ
A picture of sophisticated '60s-era style, the presenter topped her look with pale makeup, black eyeliner and chin-length curls.

• GWYNETH PALTROW
The actress kept her waist-length hair straight and sleek and put the focus on her scarlet lips and stunning gown.

• RACHEL WEISZ
Last year's Best Supporting Actress winner goes for soft glamour this year with a loose, curled updo and berry lips.

• REESE WITHERSPOON
The natural beauty, who won last year, lets her assets shine with smoky eyes, nude lips and flowing blonde locks. Her makeup artist, Molly Stern, tells PEOPLE that "the key to a great smoky eye is a great lash line."

• KATE WINSLET
The Best Actress nominee's makeup artist Pati Dubroff called her look "English Rose" – glowing skin, pink lips and shimmering lids.

• KIRSTEN DUNST
The actress adds modern edge to her '30s style Chanel Couture dress with a soft bun and crimson lips.

• EMILY BLUNT
The presenter channels classic screen sirens with her loose waves and lightly lined eyes.

• BEYONCÉ
The Dreamgirls star set off her perfect skin with winged black eyeliner, sheer coral gloss and lustrous locks on the red carpet.

• ANNE HATHAWAY
The presenter played up her ivory skin with smoky brown eyes and glossy coral lips.

• NAOMI WATTS
Forget the major diamonds– the actress dazzled with retro waves and pale pastel makeup for a soft and elegant look.

• MAGGIE GYLLENHAAL
The presenter kept her makeup classic with flushed cheeks and gleaming ruby lips, but added a signature twist by finishing an easy updo with feathers.

• RINKO KIKUCHI
In keeping with the Old Hollywood look of her Chanel Couture gown, the Best Supporting Actress nominee glammed it up with smoky eyes, pale lips and stylized waves.

aeni

I like how the makeup was toned down for the dresses. And ecstatic that Pan's Labyrinth won (though I loved the article on Apocalypto in MAmag).

saniyairshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeni
I like how the makeup was toned down for the dresses. And ecstatic that Pan's Labyrinth won (though I loved the article on Apocalypto in MAmag).

I agree. I love the muted understated yet gorgeous look. None of them loook TOO MADE-UP..I wish they listed what products they used on each of them. But, I guess they use a ton of them to make them look so gorgeous and sooo flawless!!!!!!!!!!!

Jayne

oh wow Reese Witherspoon looks great !!!
eyelove.gif

I love this actress so much
thmbup.gif

I really love her hairs too
smiles.gif

liv

Emily Blunt looks great, I love how her eyeliner is done.

Now I want to find closer up pics and see how it looks so I can try to copy. =]

Showgirl

It's all very retro/classic hollywood, isn't it? I love Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts and Emily Blunt.

hyperRealGurl

Naomi Watts, and Emily Blunt ^^^^^^ yes totally agree. The def give off this old world classic , beauty icon look. All the ladies looked beautiful that night

foxyqt

I am personally not very impressed with the way most of the ladies did their makeup/hair.. Whats wrong with looking a little made-up? The oscars is one of the biggest events of the year it wouldnt hurt if they had a little more makeup on. I think they looked SO awfully plain =/ specially Nicole Kidman!!

I know not all of you might agree with me but in the middle east we're used to wearing makeup thats a bit heavier for large occassions. Actually most of the time women wear dramatic eyes just for going out, Im sure you're all familiar with Arabic makeup styles. ah well!

Penelope Cruz & Beyonce were gorgeous though!

ginger9

Beautiful classic and elegant make up, everyone had perfect skin. I also have to say I really like Reese and Gwyneth's hair, different than the usual up-do and gorgeous like buttah!!

MAC_Pixie04

I can't believe some of you are saying people "need" Botox. Completely unnecessary...what's wrong with looking your age? People get expression lines as they get older, and to be honest with you, actresses should never get Botox because it can ruin their careers, a lot of directors are getting fed up with actresses not being able to show expression due to the injection. It numbs your face. How can you act out different expressions if you can't move your cheeks or forehead?
I think they all look beautiful, especially Rachel Weisz, I love her hair, and Emily Blunt has the most captivating features, especially those electric eyes of hers.

Calhoune

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyqt
I am personally not very impressed with the way most of the ladies did their makeup/hair.. Whats wrong with looking a little made-up? The oscars is one of the biggest events of the year it wouldnt hurt if they had a little more makeup on. I think they looked SO awfully plain =/ specially Nicole Kidman!!

I know not all of you might agree with me but in the middle east we're used to wearing makeup thats a bit heavier for large occassions. Actually most of the time women wear dramatic eyes just for going out, Im sure you're all familiar with Arabic makeup styles. ah well!

Penelope Cruz & Beyonce were gorgeous though!

I'm actually glad they didn't use much make up, I think all ladies captured their natural beauty wonderfully.

And even though I agree that on big occasion you can get a bit more wild with the makeup, I don't think the Oscars is that kind of event.
The Oscars are all about elegance, or so I think, and even though I love dark dramatic eyes I think it'd be too much for the Oscars

Rachel Weisz & Anne Hathaway

Beauty Mark

I preferred the more natural looks than the ones that were using red lipstick. Although they all looked gorgeous, the red lipstick sometimes felt like a little much, especially when the dress so simple and less- dramatic, I suppose. It looked like the make-up didn't exactly match the look.

MAC_Whore

They all look great. I like the classic glamour. I always love red lipstick, but in Gywneth's case I think it really shrinks her already thin lips.

Rachel Weisz and Rinko Kikuchi are adorable.

Nicole Kidman is experiencing the Tyra phenomenon of flat hair that is the same colour as your skin. Not a good look for anyone, really. She has such a graceful presence though.

I love Reese's hair. I used to have mine cut like that and looking at Reese's makes me want to do it again.