Albatross (Highlighter) & Moon Fleet

neotrad

Have any of you here tried Albatross(Highlighting Blush Powder) and Moon Fleet(Lip Gloss)? What are your opinions about them?

Thank you!
smiles.gif

flowerhead

I bought Moon fleet lipgloss the other day. It is a very glam white gold shade flecked with gold sparkles. I think it is lovely and worth getting.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotrad
Have any of you here tried Albatross(Highlighting Blush Powder) and Moon Fleet(Lip Gloss)? What are your opinions about them?

Thank you!
smiles.gif

Moon Fleet is NARS' first glitter lipgloss. it's a pretty color, but it looks best layered on top of something else.

Albatross is a BEAUTIFUL highlighting powder. A lot of my clients have been turned off because it looks so white and chalky in the pan, but once it's on the skin it's the most beautiful gold sheen. Definitely worth checking into.

LadyD

Does the Moon Fleet show up more clear, or milky on the lips? It looks so beautiful, but if it shows up milky like MAC C-Thru or Oyster Girl, it's not for me
ssad.gif

MAC_Pixie04

It shows up with a clear gold tint with really visibile gold sparkle. it's not milky or creamy in color. thats why i think it looks best layered on top of something.

Green_eyes

I love Albotross as well. It is a versatile product I used as highlighter and on eyes .Beautiful subtle golden shimmer, not glittery.

AudreyNicole

I am wondering how Albatross would compare to MAC Shimpagne? I already have that... do I need Albatross too? Is it a LE?

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am wondering how Albatross would compare to MAC Shimpagne? I already have that... do I need Albatross too? Is it a LE?

Albatross is more universal than Shimpagne IMO. Shimpagne can look ashy on dark skintones, Albatross deposits a subtle shimmer to the face, not any color. Shimpagne has too much beige pigment to it.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
Albatross is more universal than Shimpagne IMO. Shimpagne can look ashy on dark skintones, Albatross deposits a subtle shimmer to the face, not any color. Shimpagne has too much beige pigment to it.

Thanks Ashlee! Would it compare at all to Lightscapade? Or is it a different effect?

TM26

I just got moon fleet the other day. I love it! I can honestly say it is the best lipgloss I own to date (and I have a lot) that makes my lips super shiney and sparkley. It is not a chunky glitter kind like some other ones, but more like the ones you see on tv. It looks even better over other shades. In my opinion a must have.

Ethel

I have moonfleet. It's very pretty, the sparkles are intense without being clownish. But it's pretty sheer. I wish it had more pigment in it. I'm so pale, that having just pale gold sparkles on my lips makes me look washed out.

I'd like to hear more about albatross though.

Irish Cailin

OMG this is my 2nd fave nars product (after foundation!)

It gives you a lovely glow for day or nite, u should defo get it!
You should try the highlighter sticks too, the cappucino one is great and gives you a really nice sheen.

Taj

I luv albatross. It doesn't make my pores visible (while most other shimmery hightlighter do) while bringing lights to my face. Can apply anywhere you like !

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
Which would you guys prefer as a highlighter/shimmerer: Albatross or CCB in Pearl?

albatross is going to be more forgiving to all skin types/textures than Pearl CCB. it's a powder, so oily skins can use it, and it's sheer, so it works on almost every skintone. I can't use CCBs at all anymore anywhere because i'm so oily they just crease right off, and i hate using something so emollient on my face, because it doesn't dry to a powder like my others do.

just my opinion =)

Melly

I'm another fan of Albatross - it's such a perfect highlighter. Applies pearly with a gold sheen. I wouldn't compare it to Shimpagne instead I would say it has more in common with Lightscapade but warmer. I use this on cheeks and eyes - and reach for it constantly.