• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

All Things Beautylish

Icecaramellatte

Eye brushes or Face. I'm open
Oh still hard! Okay I bought Wayne Goss eye set because I heard it was good for hooded eyes. It is! I say out of that set I like the #19 the best. So much so that I bought a 2nd. I like it for adding a second crease color just above the crease. New eye fave is Sonia G Crease Pro. Just bought a back up of that too. It applies the outer V color and blends it perfectly for me. I have been having this thing where I apply darker outer v colors and they just won't blend into the other colors properly. Could be my eye primer I don't know but this brush just doesn't require much work. It's great.

Face brushes:
Ah! So many loves again. I guess I use the Wayne Goss #13 the most. I apply Dermablend Flawless Creator (liquid) on imperfections) and then use another one(got it in a lucky bag) to apply studio Fix powder. I do spritz the studio fix sometimes with fix+ for a little extra coverage and it looks great. I use too brushes most days but sometimes I mix up the two brushes and use the same one and there is no problem. The new Wayne Goss Holiday brush 2018 is quite versatile too. I use it for highlighter but I have used it with blush too. Wayne says you can also use it for powder, liquid foundation and bronzer too.

fur4elise

Oooh! Good but tough question. I do not have any WG or SG face brushes right now. Oh! I do have Wayne's #15 Fan...I use that daily for highlightinIg. I have the WG Air & SG Sculpt 4 on my lust list ;)

For eyes, I am reaching for SG's Builder, Crease & Pencil Pro brushes all the time! I just love them! :cloud9:
I feel like both eye sets compliment each other. I use them in combination quite a bit...but those SG brushes are the bomb!

Shars

Undecided b/c of your needs or not sure how the brushes compare?
Maybe a bit of both but mostly in terms of how they compare. Do I need both or can I make do with one over the other? I already own the Pro Set so I have the Worker Pro and the Builder Pro and I also have Worker Two and just ordered Builder Two.

boschicka

Specktra Bestie
Maybe a bit of both but mostly in terms of how they compare. Do I need both or can I make do with one over the other? I already own the Pro Set so I have the Worker Pro and the Builder Pro and I also have Worker Two and just ordered Builder Two.
If you have all those other brushes, I'd say you're golden as is.

Alysse011

If I were to only get two Sonia G or Wayne Goss brushes what should they be.
I originally had a very long answer typed out with 2 picks from each category (face and eye) for each brand. I decided to delete that and actually answer your question as you intended lol.

I would get - Sonia G Sculpt One and Worker Two. I really do love Wayne's brushes, but I like Sonia G a little more. Also, they're beautiful. Everything about them. The bristles are beautiful, but the handles are lacquered and weighted and gorgeous too. I think the Sculpt One and Worker Two are extremely versatile. I actually love the Sculpt One for bronzer, not just contour.

Mac-Guy

The Bloom palette is on sale for $38.50 on the ND website.

EDIT: It seems that this is the Pro Discount as regular customers can't see it. Pros need to log in first.

Last edited:

JerseyGirl

If anyone is interested in Wayne Goss’ synthetic brushes, they are now available individually on Beautylish.

VAL4M

Question: the chikuhodo mont fuji brush set vs the sonia G face pro brush set what should i chose?

JerseyGirl

Question: the chikuhodo mont fuji brush set vs the sonia G face pro brush set what should i chose?
The Mount Fuji set is beautiful and unique. Sonia G’s set is also beautiful but not limited edition. I would say it depends which set has brushes that you need or would use more. Sonia’s website actually has reviews of both as well. And I believe you tuber Kinkysweat has Demo/reviews of both sets so you can see them in action.

DILLIGAF

The Mount Fuji set is beautiful and unique. Sonia G’s set is also beautiful but not limited edition. I would say it depends which set has brushes that you need or would use more. Sonia’s website actually has reviews of both as well. And I believe you tuber Kinkysweat has Demo/reviews of both sets so you can see them in action.
I really like her. Her YT is one of my more recent, more mature subscriptions.

Last edited:

VAL4M

I really like her as YT one of my more recent, more mature subscriptions.
Yes I found her and quite like her too I've watch several of her video .... I guess i'm undecided because there is a couple of brush I dont care for in the Sonia G set and she take a eternity to restock.

lenchen

Is anybody considering the new collab with beautylish and chikuhodo?
I passed simply because I just want the powder brush, and I wasn't willing to spend $155 to just use 1 brush out of the set. I'd rather use that cash towards another release of Sonia G brushes. Besides, I already have a travel powder from Chikuhodo regular line and one from houkodo

DILLIGAF

This place is death for my wallet. I just placed an order and picked up a few things off my wishlist.
  • Smith Cosmetics 230 Quill Crease Brush Small
  • Smith Cosmetics 235 Flat Quill Crease Brush
  • Natasha Denona Lila Palette
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Palette
  • Lit Cosmetics Glitter in Nightlife S3
Everything was discounted with the exception of the Brushes. I just threw those on top because I've been wanting to try them for a while now. All the other items that were discounted are final sale, No Refunds, No Returns. I grabbed the ABH palette as a gift for my sister's bday in October. She is a neutral fan I really hope she loves it.