All Things Sephora

laurennnxox

And I'm definitely getting this. There's an audacious lipstick at the end that was cut out of the pic.

icon_eek.gif
eyelove.gif
I neeeeeeeeeeeeed both of these!!!

hitchcockblonde

It's too early to give an in-depth review, but my first impressions are quite positive! First off the scent! It has a lovely coconut fragrance that is not *POW* all in your face and overwhelming, but very subtle and calming. Upon first application, the product was very cooling on the skin, I really liked that! The texture has a creamy gel-like consistency to it. From what I felt, there is no "slip" to this primer, feels more like a moisturizer! I allowed it to sit on my face for a few minutes before applying my foundation. As for the claims of this product, I can only vouch for one because this is the first day of actual use and I'm only half way into the day. The claim that stood out immediately, was the smoothing aspect that this primer gives to the face. IT REALLY DOES! WOW! Maybe it's the combo of my foundation and this product, but man does my face look smooth! My foundation applied SOOOOOOOOO nicely! I've been using the YSL blur primer for the past few weeks, and though it is beautiful as well, it did not give me the same results as this MJ coconut primer! I will update tonight on how it wears and lives up to the other claims!
652aee9e_IMG_20150721_170436.jpeg
EDIT: For reference, I'm wear the Too Faced Born This Way foundation! Going to go pick up the new MJ foundation today, the sephora location I frequent finally got their stock!
Thanks for the review! I went to my local sephora last night and they didn't have stock in of either this or foundation but I'm really looking forward to trying both. I got a sample of the new MUFE ultra had and tried it last night, was not a fan. I'll give it a few more tries over the weekend.

Shars

I just ordered the travel size Tatcha mist. This thread needs to come with an allowance.
girlhaha.gif

I'm saying!!

Tysons Corner was out of KVD's Echo, so I ordered it online and it arrived today. I've gotta check out some of the new shadows
wavey.gif
Hi Jill!! How do you like Echo so far?
Quote: Originally Posted by hitchcockblonde

And I'm definitely getting this. There's an audacious lipstick at the end that was cut out of the pic.
I think that's one of their (NARS') regular lipsticks but I'm happy that the kit is more high end than last years' even if you get 2 less products.

YarahFlower

Thanks for the review! I went to my local sephora last night and they didn't have stock in of either this or foundation but I'm really looking forward to trying both. I got a sample of the new MUFE ultra had and tried it last night, was not a fan. I'll give it a few more tries over the weekend.
You're welcome hun :) my Sephora said they'd be out next week if not this weekend! The SA pulled mine from the back. I'm picking it up later...i tried the sample of the MUFE foundation. I really liked it upon the first few applications, but I have found after a weeks use, its not flattering on my skin. Hopefully this MJ foundation will rock our worlds!!!!

hitchcockblonde

[quote name="Shars" url="/t/185585/all-things-sephora/21180#post_2991797]I think that's one of their (NARS') regular lipsticks but I'm happy that the kit is more high end than last years' even if you get 2 less products.[/quote] [QUOTE="YarahFlower, post: 2640931, member: 100024"] :( what lipstick was it? Are these all full size??[/quote] I know there is a regular nars, from the box it looks like a plummy color. I saw on snapchat a square black lipstick at the end I thought was audacious but on closer inspection looks like it may not be. I'm not sure what it could be. The more I look at the set the less I think I'll get it. I hate all the buxom lip products I've tried and there are two in the set. It looks like some are full size and some are mini.

hitchcockblonde

You're welcome hun :) my Sephora said they'd be out next week if not this weekend! The SA pulled mine from the back. I'm picking it up later...i tried the sample of the MUFE foundation. I really liked it upon the first few applications, but I have found after a weeks use, its not flattering on my skin. Hopefully this MJ foundation will rock our worlds!!!!
Yeah the MUFE was clinging to every dry spot on my face but I'll give it a few more tries. I hope you love the MJ foundation!

Shars

I know there is a regular nars, from the box it looks like a plummy color. I saw on snapchat a square black lipstick at the end I thought was audacious but on closer inspection looks like it may not be. I'm not sure what it could be. The more I look at the set the less I think I'll get it. I hate all the buxom lip products I've tried and there are two in the set. It looks like some are full size and some are mini.
The black one looks like a Laura Mercier mini. In the pic it's next to the TooFaced melted mini. Is that the one you saw in the snapchat? It's strange they have two Buxom products. I like their Full Bodied lipsticks but haven't tried any of the others. The lippie between the LM and the YSL looks like Ciate but I could be wrong. I've never tried any of their makeup products so that could be interesting. I'll probably get this set but when they have the 20% off sale. That's what I did last year and divvied up some as gifts for my younger cousins and some friends.

hitchcockblonde

The black one looks like a Laura Mercier mini. In the pic it's next to the TooFaced melted mini. Is that the one you saw in the snapchat? It's strange they have two Buxom products. I like their Full Bodied lipsticks but haven't tried any of the others. The lippie between the LM and the YSL looks like Ciate but I could be wrong. I've never tried any of their makeup products so that could be interesting. I'll probably get this set but when they have the 20% off sale. That's what I did last year and divvied up some as gifts for my younger cousins and some friends.
Yes! Must be Laura Mercier. It does look like one of those Ciate liquid lipsticks, I've been curious about those. I might wait and see if I can get it on sale as well.

shontay07108

df12fed9_image.jpeg
Needddd this bag!
Oh, I love this. Gotta have it. I have one of the other, canvas kinda bags from ipsy. It's cute, but I like the look of this one much more. I need the holidays to roll around now because it's so great to see brands throwing out all their tricks to get our coins. I dragged my ass to Sephora this morning and of course I didn't get the Bite Opal lipstick b/c I changed my mind again. It's a nice idea, but I probably wouldn't actually use it much. I did snag Bow N Arrow by KVD! The MUA had to go in back to get it. I had my disappointment face ready, but when I saw it in her hand I wanted to snatch it and cuddle with it. I've tried it on and it is the nude. It's a must have for brown girls, seriously. Barbara by Nars has to take a backseat now. Also, I got the Sephora brightening concealer. I tried it on over a full face, so not so accurate, but it didn't look bad. I'll have to give it a real run soon. My color is Toffee, btw. Lastly, I tried the MUFE Ultra HD sample this morning and it blew my mind so much that all my impulse control flew out the window and I got a full bottle. It's fantastic. It's so light and goes on so effortlessly and it doesn't cling to a funky little scar I've collected near my top lip. The coverage is a bit better than the Liquid Lift, it's definitely buildable to medium coverage with a beautiful finish. See, MUFE didn't let me down.

Mayanas

My local store told me you can return with a receipt for up to 1 year for a full refund. Returns for store credit/exchange without a receipt have no time limit as long as they still carry the product. This is what I was told by several SAs and the store manager who is a very good family friend. She told me that based on the store manager, returns/exchanges can be handled differently from store to store.
Yep these are how my sephoras are too !
1 year is too much time for me.