All Things Sephora

elegant-one

I love the airbrush concealer one, too. I'm telling you I snatched up both of those brushes when the MUA used them on me. Before that I didn't pay attention to Sephora brushes. On the outside I was probably all calm when I asked about the brush, but on the inside I was like give it to meeee what is this magic waaaaaand???
Which 2 brushes? Sephora brand?

msvluvsmac

LOLL! I thought there was a perk for getting the Sephora gift card, extra $ or something. My prob is I wouldn't want to lock it down with just Sephora. I may just leave mine in my Paypal balance. I plan to use it for makeup, party tix, etc. lolll.
Girl, the struggle is real. LOL. It helps too when hubby gives the side eye (even though he can't say anything because he has his own issues) because I've had 5 boxes delivered in one week and I can just stay "I had a gift card."
girlhaha.gif

montREALady

Hey, if the BB can't get the job done, then it's just not meant to be. Good luck!
Hahaha! Yeah I know what you mean...I guess that's supposed to give it a more authentic/one-of-a-kind feel. Like it was hand-painted and not mass produced.

This brightener? How is it different on your face from any other concealer? I know what the description says but I'm asking you from your experience. I was supposed to go for a sample of the MJ today but I was too lazy to walk to Sephora.

I think the issue is the setting/finishing powder after. I don't think I need that step but always feel like I should be setting it.

shontay07108

Hahaha! Yeah I know what you mean...I guess that's supposed to give it a more authentic/one-of-a-kind feel. Like it was hand-painted and not mass produced. This brightener? How is it different on your face from any other concealer? I know what the description says but I'm asking you from your experience. I was supposed to go for a sample of the MJ today but I was too lazy to walk to Sephora. I think the issue is the setting/finishing powder after. I don't think I need that step but always feel like I should be setting it.
What I really like about the brightener is that it doesn't cake up. Now, it doesn't give a whole lot of coverage b/c it's a brightener and not a concealer. Think more like the YSL Touche Eclat, but having used both for a long time, I'd say the BB has a bit more coverage. Some people go lighter than necessary, but I definitely cannot do that. My eyes are too old and these bags are too packed and when I once tried to do that whole super light under the eye I looked insane. This brightener is smooth enough that you can use a concealer on top if you wish, but I know for me, I can't pack too much stuff under my eyes before it goes terribly wrong. I always set under my eyes. What I need to break away from is doing my entire face, I think. I avoided that today and I was just fine. Just the center of my face is good enough. Have you ever tried Ben Nye powders? I had them years ago before I fully knew all the perks of having them, but I was aware enough to know that they're really good. I've been lazy/cheap about getting them again but I know it would help to have a powder close to my skintone to set with. All those powders like Laura Mercier brightening powders really don't help at all. MUFE invisible setting powder is a better option than that kind of stuff. ETA: I forgot about the MUFE loose matte powders. Sephora still has them and I'll settle for the convenience of trying those over ordering Ben Nye right now.

Shars

Yeah, the 55 and 57.
If you can get to a Sephora inside JCP, they had some brushes of the Sephora brand on clearance. They were ringing up for half the sale price listed. I got my sister to pick up the #53 pro airbrush blush brush which has a similar shade to the 55. There was also the number 58 pointed foundation brush.

montREALady

Girl, the struggle is real. LOL. It helps too when hubby gives the side eye (even though he can't say anything because he has his own issues) because I've had 5 boxes delivered in one week and I can just stay "I had a gift card."
girlhaha.gif
I've been using the same "gift card" for years
girlhaha.gif

YarahFlower

Giiiirl you are STUNNING!!!! I can tell you're gorgeous even wtihout the foundation (which I agree looks amazing btw)!
:blush: thank you luv :heart: are you thinking about trying it?!
Woah gorgeous!!! :heart:
thank you Vee :love:
Yup! And I can have a thousand bucks in my paypal account and if I try to pay a vendor using paypal, it won't let me use the funds in my account, I still have to pay with my card through paypal. It sucks but I'm still grateful that I'm able to receive the rebates altogether. You're welcome! I think you're on the right track. Hiding how you feel won't help you and we all have our down moments but deciding not to stay there is what brings us through! Keep on fighting girl and smiling with that pretty face. There's too much life to be lived!!
You are absolutely right!!!! Thank you luv :hug: you're awesome! !! :love:

Vineetha

If you can get to a Sephora inside JCP, they had some brushes of the Sephora brand on clearance. They were ringing up for half the sale price listed. I got my sister to pick up the #53 pro airbrush blush brush which has a similar shade to the 55. There was also the number 58 pointed foundation brush.
#54 one Shars and also #58 !!
winks.gif

ETA: Sephora also has a new 55.5 version (travel size of the 55 one)

YarahFlower

Girl we love you. Well I do...wait, too soon? :blush:  I'm being silly, but seriously you're such a sweet person from what I've experienced, you're helpful and have a good spirit about you. Your skin is gorgeous like @Shars  said and those "soup coolers"! :hot:  I pray that you do start feeling like yourself soon, I know what that's like...and keep posting pics! DM me a pic of your cuz, I'm curious!! Hehee.  :con:  :lol:
Lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

montREALady

WDA you living?! You know every blasted ting!
cutey.gif
Thanks girl! Wish you told me earlier before I went outside. It's like 92 degrees here now.

Shars

#54 one Shars and also #58 !!
winks.gif

ETA: Sephora also has a new 55.5 version (travel size of the 55 one)
Yes I meant to type 54! I wanted to buy their chubby fan brush (#53 and the #53XL) until I realised that E.L.F. sells one that looks exactly the same for $6!!

Shars

Oh I bought and returned the EL version of the Touche Eclat because it did nothing for me. Exactly what I've been experiencing, ish going terribly wrong under there when I look in the mirror. From far away I look fine.

What do you use under your eyes to set? I've never actually bought his powders, I know the Banana is a lot of people's hg. I'm always trying to find the cheaper version
001_unsure.gif
I shuffle between the banana Ruby Kisses Set n Forget powder and the NYX Radiant finishing powder. I know setting and finishing are two different things but I'm trying what I have, lol.

WDA you living?! You know every blasted ting!
cutey.gif
Thanks girl! Wish you told me earlier before I went outside. It's like 92 degrees here now.
LMAO! Specktra is like the CIA. One of the Specktra ladies had posted about the brushes a few weeks back but I think you were on a mini hiatus at the time.

Vineetha

I use the Ben Nye powder in Topaz on the daily to set my undereye concealer. Nothing I've tried works like it. Topaz can be a tad too orange but since the orange helps colour correct my dark circles, it's not too bad. I've heard Beige Suede is a good one too but I haven't tried that one. I like the Banana but it's a bit too bright for my liking on myself. Yes I meant to type 54! I wanted to buy their chubby fan brush (#53 and the #53XL) until I realised that E.L.F. sells one that looks exactly the same for $6!!
Haha yes !! I love me some brushes!! That's what I pick up when a site is running some promo and I really don't have anything I want!! :haha: