All Things Sephora

laurennnxox

eyelove.gif
I saw this last night!!! I want almost all of them. I wonder if they'll be on Sephora in time for Chic Week. I'd haul them in a heartbeat! I know they're up on TF's website now. But I dislike ordering from them lol. Always takes forrrrrrrrrrrever!!

elegant-one

That's my dilemma, too. I really wanted the MJ one, but talked myself out of it because I have Nars Olympia. Now after seeing Elegant's pics I kinda want it again, lol.

@elegant-one Do you have the Nars contour duo as well? If so, which one do you prefer?
No, I don't have the Nars one. I don't think any contour is going to come even close to the insanely velvety texture of the MJ one. I don't think I have ever tried I powder that feels this nice.

ShareeA

Sephora released a new solid beauty cleanser with Argan oil. I think I'm going to try that next to see if I get even better results than with my beauty blender cleanser. I've been using Argan oil in my hair and it's so smooth and strong now so I can only imagine what it will do with my brushes. The price is about two dollars cheaper fyi.

shontay07108

I feel like a freak because all over the place people talk about argan oil being awesome for hair and everything. So, I go out and buy argan oil everything for my hair and what happens? It made me itch like crazy. I was scratching at my scalp every 30 seconds, at least. Can't use the stuff. I use good old unscented soap to clean my brushes and beauty blender. I really need to get a perfume for the sale. I might go with hypnotic poison by dior or roses de chloe. I love both and I need a break right now for Flowerbomb (just temporarily). I might just get both. I guess I'll also go out on a limb and get that Fresh eye cream. Damn it's expensive, but it has great reviews.

awickedshape

I love what I've tried! The lipbalm is incredible, the facecloth that fits like a glove has become a surprising necessity, the blue diamond resurfacing peel is great, and the thermal cleansing balm works wonders on my skin. I actually hate the smell and feel of the cleansing balm, but my skin look soooo good afterwards that it's worth it, haha. 
Thanks for the info!

ShareeA

I really need to get a perfume for the sale. I might go with hypnotic poison by dior or roses de chloe. I love both and I need a break right now for Flowerbomb (just temporarily). I might just get both. I guess I'll also go out on a limb and get that Fresh eye cream. Damn it's expensive, but it has great reviews.
Argan oil is very strong. You shouldn't use it directly on the skin unless you dilute it.

crystalzi

Argan oil is very strong. You shouldn't use it directly on the skin unless you dilute it. 
I have never heard that. I hear people on the skincare Reddit forum use 100% argan as a moisturizer all the time! I use makeupartistschoice choice 100% argan oil mixed with my Clinique moisturizing gel and it has worked wonders for my acne prone dry skin. I only use a couple drops.

montREALady

Posted this in the highlighter thread earlier: NYC ladies, Becca Blushed Copper is at 3 locations: 42nd and Madison, Brooklyn and 150 Broadway. They put it out yesterday. The Becca rep here on 34th St just told me. Btw she did a mini makeover on me with Becca products and I'm in love! I have a list of things to get. First is Topaz Liquid...

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
No, I don't have the Nars one. I don't think any contour is going to come even close to the insanely velvety texture of the MJ one. I don't think I have ever tried I powder that feels this nice.
thud.gif
Well, looks like I need it then.
girlhaha.gif
Will get it with my next order.

ShareeA

I have never heard that. I hear people on the skincare Reddit forum use 100% argan as a moisturizer all the time! I use makeupartistschoice choice 100% argan oil mixed with my Clinique moisturizing gel and it has worked wonders for my acne prone dry skin. I only use a couple drops.
I have only slightly sensitive skin and used 100% Argan oil on my face and it broke me out with these hard, little bumps and I'm not someone who is acne prone. I put it on at night and by the morning those bumps were there. My sister said it was from the oil and I also believe it was the oil because it was the only thing different I used in the my skincare routine. Then she told me that it was strong and shouldn't be used straight on the skin. Maybe she just meant in my case. I know others use it straight up on their face but I just can't even use it in skincare at all, only haircare. But my scalp doesn't itch at all when using it unless I have build up and need to wash my hair. I actually think it helped with my itchy, dry scalp. I ended up buying an argan oil conditioner and my hair loves the stuff.

stormborn

I've never had a problem with pure argan. I used to use it on my face and all over my belly when I was pregnant with my first. I actually think it made my skin better. I'm going to guess it probably clogged your pores, by your description it sounds like your breakout was milia as opposed to pimples?