Allergy eyes

SerenityRaine

are depressing me! My eye make up looks perfect then like 2 mins later my eyes start running making it look a mess. Any tips or tricks? Or anything that is industrial strength against tears? I'm thinking about using permanent markers as eyeliners..well not yet but..ahh its driving me crazy

neeshie

i get really bad allergies at this time of year too. unfortunately i can't help with the waterproof makeup side of things but you can try some eyedrops auch as sodium cromoglycate eyedrops that may help with the eye symptoms.
Hope that helps

saniyairshad

Hon try lining ur lower lashline and avoid putting anything on ur waterliner cause that tends to irritate some people's eyes if they are sensitive!!!

SerenityRaine

I hate eyedrops but I guess I'll give that a shot - better than being teary eyed and smuged.

I always hafta to do the waterline - I guess I'll start skipping it on high allergy eyes.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRaine
are depressing me! My eye make up looks perfect then like 2 mins later my eyes start running making it look a mess. Any tips or tricks? Or anything that is industrial strength against tears? I'm thinking about using permanent markers as eyeliners..well not yet but..ahh its driving me crazy

I feel your pain! I agree with those who suggest using eyedrops; they can at least alleviate some of the redness and itching.
As for makeup, I recommend MAC "Fluidline," set with a matching powder shadow for even more staying power.
I like "Blacktrack" topped with Carbon eyeshadow; this seems to make my eyes look brighter and clearer. I've heard that navy liner is a good eye-brightener, too. I use Fluidline on upper lids only. I line very thinly just beneath the lower lashline with a dark brown or gray Revlon Colorstay eye pencil. I don't dare try mascara on the lower lashes.
I would also recommend that on bad allergy days you avoid shadows with even the slightest hint of pink or red. That's generally the time to go for the taupes or grays. Stila "Cloud" makes a marvelous eye-brightening lid or wash shade.

glittergoddess27

Yep I apply my shadows over a paint or primer that is waterproof or smudge proof and the use either fluidlines or if I am really having a bad allergy day Liquidlasts,.... I really really detest bad allergy days

kimmy

if you feel the need to do your waterline (which i totally feel you on because i always feel like i HAVE to do mine, too) try using a really skinny angled brush and applying mac fluidline really close the the lashes. that way it keeps it a little further away from your eyes but it will still give you the effect of a perfected waterline.
winks.gif

as far as liner in general, try picking up a tube of mac liquid last liner...i doubt tears will be able to make that stuff run. i've heard it's pretty tough!