Am I too old to work for MAC?

pat

OMG of course not!

I've been to some stores/counter and they have women of all age ranges working at MAC! If you have the skill and talent, go for it!

Don't let your age stop you from pursuing something you're really passionate about!

smiles.gif

hhunt2

36 y/o?! That's no where near old!

At my local store, we have 2 gals in thier late 40's. They both have been working there for a long time (the first gal I remember... I first saw her there about 5 years ago).

Working at Mac should never be about age, it should be about skills.
And another thing is... I've worked with older people and younger people (in an array of jobs; retail, medical, foods, etc.). I have always noticed that majority of the younger employee's were NOT responsible. And the older employees had thier head on thier shoulders and very responsible.

Sass E

First, you are YOUNG!!!! so please don't refer to yourself as old. It's my opinion that with age comes even more beauty and wisdom so you would be a great asset to their staff in that respect.

You need not put up barriers for yourself before even attempting your goal, there's enough of that around us as it as being women.

Go in there, rock your style, make up and attitude and you'll get to where you want to be not because of your age but because you have what it takes to rep the brand and the skills to back it up!!!
th_DANCE.gif

NoAddedSugar

Once again thanks everyone for the positive reinforcement.

I'm off to the counter this afternoon with CV, here's hoping I can at least get an interview out of it.
thmbup.gif

darkbeauty27

The youngest we have at the counter I work at is early 20's and the oldest is probably late 40's. You shouldn't have a problem age-wise!
smiles.gif

NoAddedSugar

Hi everyone, just thought I would say that the manger at the counter I went to wouldn't speak to me. One of the nice MA's did tell me to call the number (which I already have). Then I got really ill the day after and have been sick all week so I haven't called because I sound like I've eaten gravel
ssad.gif

I'll call them next week when I'm better.