An old man's pride and joy...

Shimmer

Our neighbor across the street is a little old man without any family, kids, wife, anything at all, just alone.
So he occupies his time taking care of his 59 Cadillac.
This car is beautiful. It's almost 100% straight, the paint is much glossier than it looks in the picture because right now the car is dusty.
He showed it to my brother and my parents and me Saturday, and oh wow...they were all drooling. He enjoyed the company, and he let me take pics of the car.

It's really phenomenal, most of the trim is original, the emblems etc., and he's very proud of it.

Juneplum

dude that car is amazing!!!! i LOVE vintage cars like that!!! so badass
clap.gif

Shimmer

It's phenomenal. The interior is SPOTLESS...seriously.
He and my daddy had a little chit chat together, and I was glad to see him smile, and my dad loves old cars like that.
Seriously I would love to drive that old thing.

Juneplum

my brother in law just restored a 1956 mercedes 190 sl classic and it is SO frickin badass! he got all the original parts, paint etc and that car is frickin amazing! it cost a fortune to get the original everything but it is SO worth it! everytime he takes it out, classic car enthusiasts and stare!

Shimmer

More pics of the car .
smiles.gif

It's hard NOT to stare at that thing, the wings are CRAZY.
I love classic cars...it takes a lot of patience, time, and money to restore those cars.

MACATTAK

Wow! This is really sweet! It's nice you & your family spent time with him. I'm sure he appreciated it
smiles.gif

Hilly

Beautiful! If ever in Chicago- they have an auto museum called Volo. It has tons of cars like this that you can easily drool over!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdirenzo
Beautiful! If ever in Chicago- they have an auto museum called Volo. It has tons of cars like this that you can easily drool over!

Saw the corvette museum in Bowling Green KY and nearly peed myself it was so awesome. I love cars and carshows
greengrin.gif

moondream

Eee, I'm such a huge Cadillac fanatic! He truely has a treasure well worth the time and effort he's out into maintaining it. Gah, I've already spend a fortune trying to keep mine, that's 23 years old, maintained (but it's had a rough past with previous owners...poor baby). Man, his car is beauty!

Shimmer

it is a fantastic car.
I wish I could take itout and really DRIVE it...stretch it out and let it run, y'know?

Shimmer

It was wild, hearing the door just click shut. Didn't need slamming. Didn't need anything, just a gentle push and it closed like a dream.
Beautiful.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I grew up with classic cars. I only recently discovered how amazing these old cars with these tail fins are , soooo amazing to look at , all the styling that goes into these cars, caddy's, Chrysler's, dodge's. I LOVE the tail fins