anti-virus software

Shimmer

AVG is free and my husband loves it. Used in conjunction with Firefox and AdBlocker/NoFlash/ScriptBlocker I get NOTHING.

noahlowryfan

my brother downloaded AVG but its only a trial version. where did you get AVG from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
AVG is free and my husband loves it. Used in conjunction with Firefox and AdBlocker/NoFlash/ScriptBlocker I get NOTHING.

user79

AVG.

Die Norton, die! Sucker upper of all resources and fucker upper of compatibility. DIE!

ndn-ista

Norton Antivirus. You have to pay for it though. I just got mine from Circuit City for $74 and I believe it comes with a $60 rebate if ordered through online.

V15U4L_3RR0R

Another plug for AVG. However my solution is to just not use Windows or Mac at all and have a server that runs SmoothWall. That keeps the little suckers out pretty well. Open Source rocks!

Trunkmonkey

AVG is the way to go. In fact I like it so much that when the subscriptions of Norton run out on my network users machines I'm replacing it with AVG. I think you'll find more and more network and IT people are falling in love with it.

noahlowryfan

i'm getting really fedup. how does AVG work? i have the trial version on my computer. i scan the whole system and when adwares and trojans pop up on scan, it is said to put in quarantine. does AVG actually cleaned the virus or just put the infected file in quarantine?

does the trial version work the same as the paid version?

user79

Quarantine effectifely rids your computer of the virus and trojans and what not, as far as I understand it.

I use the free version as well and have never incurred a problem. I think the free one just doesn't support some things, like email scan, etc. But since I just use Gmail I don't have to worry about that either.