Any rec's for use of MAC Club e/s????

MaskedBeauty

Ok ladies, I have had MAC Club e/s foreverrrr and never once used it. I have no idea what to do with it! It was actually the first MAC e/s I ever got. It looks a pearly pretty pinkish purple (wow that's a lotta p's haha!) when you look at it but when you swatch it it's like a brown color. I just have no idea what kinda look I can do with it. I'm stuck.
shockt.gif
Any suggestions would be very helpful! thank you!
yes.gif

hello_kitty

A lot of people use it over Blackground p/p, which really helps bring out the green in it.

I've combined it with Steamy, and thought that combination was pretty!

saizine

I've found that layering it over Sharkskin shadestick brings out the green as well - and if you want to get the Gentil Lentil shadestick a darker shade of brown with a little more depth, Club works really well.

I really, really like this tutorial for a really pretty smokey eye using Club.
tong.gif

L1LMAMAJ

to me it's not a pearly pinkish purple color. it's more like a duochrome green with brown in it. u can use it with black or brown in the outer v or use it over blackground p/p like what others said. it's very versatile and is a great smokey eye color

SpringDancer

Club looks best over a black, green or brown base.
It can be worn eith other greens (sumptuous Olive, Humid, Steamy), golds (Gorgeous Gold, Goldmine), neutrals (All That Glitters, Cork, Vex, Amber Lights, Satin Taupe, Woodwinked, Tan), and even with pinks (such as Expensive Pink).

lauraglou

I had a makeover done by a MAC MUA using Club e/s and it was awesome. He smudged Tarnish liner on my then put Club over it and just above the crease line. Then he blended Hush e/s from the crease line and over the browbone. He highlighted with Brule e/s and used Carbon e/s to darken the outer V and in the crease. He lined the lower lashes and waterline in Tarnish e/l and then put De Menthe e/s over the top.

I've recreated this look so many times myself as I love it and it always looks stunning.

HTH

MaskedBeauty

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I did notice it has a green color to it as well. And i must admit I didn't really take the time to experiment, I thought I would just ask you ladies instead. Thank you for all of your suggestions. I will have to try all of them.

Leven

I know this is a very simple answer, but here is a look ive done using it:

I applied a shimmery cream eyeshadow as a base and the blended shroom all over the eyelid. i just put Club into the crease concentrating the shadow heavier on the outter corner of the eye and halfaway across the lower lashline. Then i put a black liner in the water line. On the cheeks i used a very light pink MSF, and then patted blankety lightly on the lips with my finger, and put oyster girl Lipglass over that.

Cherrymint

mevish did such a pretty look w/Club! I'm not sure if she posted it on specktra's FOTD section but it's on her blog!

Silverthorn (entire lids),Club (dabbed to outer crease in a V shape)

ANGELIC+TUCKIE.JPG

Lovely! *If you don't have Silvertorn, maybe try another grey eyeadow that looks similar*
yes.gif
Hope that helps!

MizzVivaGlam

its fab all-over the lid with nylon as a highlight. to make it smokey add carbon or satin taupe thru the crease.
smiles.gif

urbanD0LL

i would pair it with a dark brown to smoke it out so smoke on the lid and then a dark brown on the outer V with a suble highlight in the inner corners , i'm also thinking of pairing it with plumage in the same or in the crease ...

MaskedBeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrymint
mevish did such a pretty look w/Club! I'm not sure if she posted it on specktra's FOTD section but it's on her blog!

Silverthorn (entire lids),Club (dabbed to outer crease in a V shape)

ANGELIC+TUCKIE.JPG

Lovely! *If you don't have Silvertorn, maybe try another grey eyeadow that looks similar*
yes.gif
Hope that helps!

That is very pretty. thank you!
thmbup.gif

ladyJ

I pair club with dark brown like espresso or black. I use blacktrack eyeliner as my base and put club over it to bring out the teal. Then I use a darker color for the crease area. I've heard that a red base works well with club which brings out more of the red undertones.

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyp
I've always used it wet as an eyeliner. It's great on dark eyes.

I second this! I like it as an eyeliner then I do a color on the lid that I feel compliments Club. Granted I think a bunch of colors go with Club, but I especially like dark or muted greens and graphite type greys.