Any WOC ladies get this problem?

Elle93

or is it just me?

I have a sample of Make Up For Ever HD in 173 and it looks great on the top part of my face but at my mouth and lower i get a little darker and the foundation looks ashy =/ anything darker will be too dark for my top of my face -_-

Any of you ladies had this problem? and how did you fix it?

sss215

maybe get a darker color and mix the foundations. a lot of WOC have to do that to get the perfect shade. They even mix colors for you at the MUFE store in NYC

Curly1908

I use a lighter concealer to blend my skintone variations with my darker foundation.
smiles.gif

reesesilverstar

Me too... Around my mouth I mix a lighter concealer with orange to take down the darkness and ash then blend foundation over it.

shontay07108

Oh man, I was just thinking about this. The lower half of my face is darker than the upper half. I didn't really notice until a MUA at Mac told me and now it's all I see.

I wear mufe #173 also as well as Face and Body. I try to get my face as clean as possible, moisturizing and then using the lightest hand so that I don't over apply my foundation. Sometimes I use mufe's mist and fix. Now, the darkness around my mouth and jawline isn't so noticeable/annoying.

kaliraksha

I have that problem a bit... I use concealer to lighten those areas and to even out my skin tone before I put on foundation. I know plenty of ladies that use two different colors of foundation to help with the problem... mix and blend!

Sojourner

Yep, me too...I use concealer also but I'm not quite happy about it since it can look cakey around the mouth/chin crease...that whole area can look grey on me sometimes, like man-shadow - ugh!!

jazmatazz

I brush bronzer on those areas to deepen the color. It works for me.

Or there's always mixing your own foundation, takes longer but looks nice.

Ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazmatazz
I brush bronzer on those areas to deepen the color. It works for me.

Or there's always mixing your own foundation, takes longer but looks nice.

Yep... I tend to color 'down' as well with any uneven skin tone. It looks more natural that way. I find that when you color 'up' -- it tends to separate after a few hours and doesn't look so good.

I also get my foundations from companies that go VERY warm (which is why I don't mess around with MUFE on the regular, unless I use the orange primer) with my shade, because they can tend to ash out for me over the course of wear.