Anybody use Lancome Teint Idole foundation?

MAC_Pixie04

I can no longer wear MAC foundation, my skin hasn't looked this bad ever and it's because of my choice of foundation. As much as I love MAC, this isn't going to work out.

I went to Macy's today, I tried Benefit playsticks, but none of their colors matched me. Then the Benefit counter artist walked me over to Lancome and told me that if I'm worried about oil control and break outs, then Lancome would be a better choice. I'm also going to go out to Clinique and see what they can do for me. I'm just wondering if this Lancome stuff is better skincare wise, and if it's not, whereelse can I go? Pls don't recommend any lines that can only be bought online or by phone, because I need to be matched by a professional. I'd hate to go about ordering foundations and matching them and sending them back, it's too time consuming. Anything that can be found at Sephora, Nordstrom or Macy's is a plus.

Thanks in advance!

Simply Elegant

I've never tried it, but I've heard Estee Lauder's Double Wear is really good for oil control, but if you don't want heavy coverage stay away from it.

MAC_Pixie04

yeah i dont' want heavy coverage. the lancome artist gave me a sample, she said it would last a whole week. and a little goes a long way, she bareful put any on the petri dish and it covered my entire face. it wears really well so far, but i won't know how good it is to my skin until i wear it for a few days, then i'm going to go back and possibly buy it. but if it doesn't work out, then i'm kinda back at square one. i can't go back to mac foundation, my skin is suffering and now that i can afford to switch, i'm on the hunt lol

Simply Elegant

I know what you mean with the MAC foundation. It made my skin horrible and right after I stopped wearing it it almost cleared completely.

Have you tried mineral makeup?

ditzycubanita

Hey..Lancome foundation and powders are the only thing that have ever worked for me..I have oily/combination skin and am prone to breakout and it works miracles..It has a sheer natural finish to it and doesnt look caked on..Which i love..Deff give it a chance..Wont be disappointed!! Good luck!
thmbup.gif

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
I know what you mean with the MAC foundation. It made my skin horrible and right after I stopped wearing it it almost cleared completely.

Have you tried mineral makeup?

no, i haven't found one that either matches my skin or works with my skin type. the oil always shines through or it makes me look ashy.

but i'm definitely gonna give the lancome foundation a try, the website says its non-comodogenic and oil free, and i'm gonna invest in a good skin primer; i wanted to buy smashbox photo finish but sephora was out. i'll keep y'all posted. thanks ladies!

d_flawless

this had nothing to do with lancome, but if you're @ macy's, you should stop by clinique. they make great make up, and when i was using it, my skin never looked better

cindysilver4

I love Lancome, I have worn their foundations and they're very good for my oily-combo skin
smiles.gif
My mom also swears by Lancome foundations
smiles.gif
We are both paler than you though, so I don't know about their darker shades ... good luck!!

MAC_Pixie04

clinique's foundations/powders didn't match me as well as lancome. this one matches really well and so far i like the way it's wearing, but i can't seem to find an ingredients list,i forgot to ask for one at the counter. if i dont break out over the week, i'll grab a full sized bottle.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
How about Prescriptives? They mix the color for you.

i saw that counter, is it expensive? i'm on a budget and i haven't alotted much money for make up, since the majority of my bills are tragically overdue...lol

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
i saw that counter, is it expensive? i'm on a budget and i haven't alotted much money for make up, since the majority of my bills are tragically overdue...lol

you can check out their website at www.prescriptives.com for prices. here are the counters that does custom blends: Nordstrom @ 270 FASHION VALLEY ROAD and 4545 LA JOLLA VILLAGE DR UNIVERSITY TOWN CENTER, Macy's @ 70-17 FRIARS ROAD

mrsvandertramp

My sister uses it and she loves it. I tried it on holiday and I was impressed. Very matte, very long wearing.

Reference: I have combination skin, my sister has combination skin and is prone to breakouts. Her skin is slowly improving now she's switched to this foundation and finds it gives quite a full coverage.

ebonyannette

I tried clinique before they arent very good for darker skin tones.
I hear good things about NARS but they are expensive. The perscriptives color match foundation is about $60 a bottle. I havent tried it personally.

I am noticing a few break outs too with MAC even though I cleanse my face and exfoliate 2-3 times a week.

MAC_Pixie04

i saw prescriptives at CCO yesterday, but it's not like there was an artist there to mix a shade for me. I tried to match myself, and I was in between a few shades, and I couldn't afford to buy them all to mix my own. I grabbed the stick by Bobbi Brown, which matched perfectly and was recommended to me by a friend; however the websites it's not for very oily skin. Lucky for me it's like a trial size, it's only about 1/3 of the size of the regular stick foundation, so if it doesn't work out, I can toss it. Only cost me 11 bucks, the regular stick costs about 40.