Anyone from Sacramento? there's going to be a huge mall built here yay!

Pink_minx

Anybody from Sacramento? well there's going to be America's 3rd biggest mall being built here in Elk Groove! Its going to be awsome!

Pink_minx

yeah there's nothing goin on in sacramento it be nice to have a bigger mall lol the other ones are ok but not that great.

tarteheart

*wave* I'm in Sacramento!
smiles.gif

user3

I am pretty close to there, a little over an hour away.

Thanks for the heads up!
If I head out that way we will hav to meet up and shop.
Do you know when it is suppose to be finished?

astronaut

I live in Elk Grove! I didn't realize that it was going to be the third biggest mall in the country... but people have been talking about for years and if it gets built, I won't be around here to enjoy it since I'm moving in a year
th_confused_new.gif
shame..

Jeannine8

This is awesome! I live half an hour from Sac and go there for shopping, the malls are ok but something bigger would be fantastic!

mzcelaneous

*waves from Roseville*
smiles.gif
Whoaaa...I didn't know they were building a mall. Where'd you get that info? I work in South Sac...so close to Elk Grove, I can stop by & shop after work hah.

mizzTruLe

I live in elk grove! they've been saying they were gonna build a mall here for 5 years now. i still havent seen any construction going on yet!! im kinda mad about it cuz i've been waiting for so long! i didnt know it was gonna be the 3rd biggest mall in the U.S. tho... that is sooo awesome but there's going to be so much traffic here when it's built.

DaizyDeath

i lived in elk grove a while ago nice place
smiles.gif

but yeah seriously like some other people said theyve been saying that thing about the mall FOREVER! haha atleast 6 years now if not more the reason why nothing has been done is beacuse alot of people protested it since they didnt want elk groves farm land to be taken and developed but they did it anyways with that HUGE housing track and the gigantic automall that borders the lot for where the mall is supposta be.

yeah i think they said it was supposta take 5 years to finish and it was going to be done in 3 stages so each stage would open after like 2 years and then the next and so on. but that was supposta be finished in the year 2000. lol

Now thier saying they might not do it beacuse after sooo long the deal sorta went out the window plus not enough money anymore.

And o yeah now i live in texas and on the edge on saginaw the 3 something freeway their going to be building the worlds largest mall! yay! not like we dont have enough though haha

mitziedoll

I grew up in Sac. Wow, Elk Grove? I remember when that area and Laguna was being built. Isn't most of the money in Sac centered around Natomas and the outskirts of Roseville? Between Arden Fair, the downtown mall and the Galleria can you really see it getting business?

DaizyDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitziedoll
I grew up in Sac. Wow, Elk Grove? I remember when that area and Laguna was being built. Isn't most of the money in Sac centered around Natomas and the outskirts of Roseville? Between Arden Fair, the downtown mall and the Galleria can you really see it getting business?

Elk Grove is one of the most expensive areas in all of the central valley now. All the people that own companys work on tv and i know several celebritys that live in elk grove. I preety much grew up in elk grove before it was a big city so i know what your saying but now its like becoming bigger and bigger. Of course theirs more crime and ALOT more people but theirs also a ton of top end buisnesses. Plus the mall is right off the 99 freeway which is a huge interstate connecting people to LA.

Compared to dallas though california has nothing on shopping and i was born in LA and lived in San Fran but Dallas is like huge on their malls and high end stores its crazy. I cant afford it noir do i want to anyways haha

DaizyDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by nht408
what are the first two biggest malls?

mall of america is the biggest im not shure of the second largest

caffn8me

There's a lot of debate as to what constitutes the "biggest" - is it the total covered area? Is it the total area available to retail outlets as opposed to public areas like walkways? Is it the total number of shops?

There's a list of several of the largest here

Pink_minx

wow I havent been on here in awhile but I havent heard any NEW news about this great big mall
ssad.gif
hmm well if it takes another six years I wont be hear to see it lol. Its good to hear you girls are from the sacramento ares...how cool!

juicyaddict

Really, haven't heard about this one. If it is true I can't wait. So far I enjoy shopping at Arden and Downtown, and Roseville Galleria sometimes. But did you hear about the Urban Outfitters opening in Arden at the old Virgin Mega store? I can't wait!