Anyone lining up tomorrow to get the iPhone?

juicyaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Sadly, the price will probably stay near that stated since Apple is very big on price control. Also, AT&T has a 2-yr exclusive contract with the iPhone- so don't expect to see it on any other carriers sooner. My problems with the iPhone is that a package to take advantage of it's full purpose will be like 40/month on top of what you pay. Also, the phone is not using 3g for internet which is the best. It is very attractive and seamless to use but I will wait for upgrades, updates, a slight price drop and 2nd gen models. If you want an alternative that does all of this look into the LG Prada.

I agree with the pricing, don't expect it to go down in the next 5 years or so... or not at all. I will only get the $20 unlimited data, since I don't do text messaging too much to get the $40 unlimited everything deal. I am liking the reviews of this phone, at first I was not sure about the touch screen keyboard, but they said it works fine. I'm sure I'll get the second generation ones when they come out, but I can't wait to get my hand on these. I'll give an update tonight if I come out of the store alive.

ben

i have had the phone for awhile, but will actually be able to use it in public tomorrow!

i went from using an old nokia to this and even though it was like going from a typewritter to a computer it was pretty easy to set-up and figure out. i wish that songs could be used as a ringtone though...or maybe i just haven't figured out how to do it yet :p

the one big complaint i have is FINGER PRINTS! so gross : |

Tash

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Sadly, the price will probably stay near that stated since Apple is very big on price control. Also, AT&T has a 2-yr exclusive contract with the iPhone- so don't expect to see it on any other carriers sooner. My problems with the iPhone is that a package to take advantage of it's full purpose will be like 40/month on top of what you pay. Also, the phone is not using 3g for internet which is the best. It is very attractive and seamless to use but I will wait for upgrades, updates, a slight price drop and 2nd gen models. If you want an alternative that does all of this look into the LG Prada.

LG phones make me want to cry.
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

xbeatofangelx

The LG phone is prettier, imo. It is just as expensive! And LG makes good products. My ipod, on the other hand, is a pos which broke within 1.5 years of purchase =[. Sadly, I have not touched it in months.

XsMom21

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicyaddict
I agree with the pricing, don't expect it to go down in the next 5 years or so... or not at all. I will only get the $20 unlimited data, since I don't do text messaging too much to get the $40 unlimited everything deal. I am liking the reviews of this phone, at first I was not sure about the touch screen keyboard, but they said it works fine. I'm sure I'll get the second generation ones when they come out, but I can't wait to get my hand on these. I'll give an update tonight if I come out of the store alive.

You can't text with the iPhone. My brother in law was going to get one of these, until he found out that they don't have texting ability.

juicyaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben
i have had the phone for awhile, but will actually be able to use it in public tomorrow!

i went from using an old nokia to this and even though it was like going from a typewritter to a computer it was pretty easy to set-up and figure out. i wish that songs could be used as a ringtone though...or maybe i just haven't figured out how to do it yet :p

the one big complaint i have is FINGER PRINTS! so gross : |

cool! now i'm even more excited. i dunno, with me i think i get a new phone every year. i think it is worth it, since it is something you use every day.

Tash

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbeatofangelx
The LG phone is prettier, imo. It is just as expensive! And LG makes good products. My ipod, on the other hand, is a pos which broke within 1.5 years of purchase =[. Sadly, I have not touched it in months.

When did LG start making good products. The LG I had about a year ago was the WORST phone I've ever had. Good thing I got insurance on it because it literally broke for no reason every other week. I went through like 5 of them in the 6 months I had it. Plus the reception sucked.

lipshock

LG phones are absolutely terrible!

I have never owned one but I know many people who have them and they are constantly having to have them repaired, or buy a new one. Seriously, I don't know how anyone can buy those phones. They are the worst. They did win some cool points for the LG Chocolate phone but that was purely style over substance.

ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by XsMom21
You can't text with the iPhone. My brother in law was going to get one of these, until he found out that they don't have texting ability.

iphone does have sms text messaging ability!

juicyaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by XsMom21

i think this is not true. the video demonstrating the keyboard even showed the example of typing a text message.

Tash

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
LG phones are absolutely terrible!

I have never owned one but I know many people who have them and they are constantly having to have them repaired, or buy a new one. Seriously, I don't know how anyone can buy those phones. They are the worst. They did win some cool points for the LG Chocolate phone but that was purely style over substance.

They make their phones look cute and trendy so people actually buy them. Maybe they've changed recently, but I've heard very few good things about them.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
I am waiting for the second generation iPhone.

I love Apple and all Apple products but their first batches of tech products always have kinks that need to worked out.

clap.gif
exactly

juicyaddict

I GOT MINE!!!! YIPEEE!!! IT IS SO PRETTY! I will post pics next. We only waited in line about an hour. They have A LOT in stock. Everyone got theirs. It was so fun, as you enter the store there is a welcoming committee, clapping and cheering for you. There were only about 300 people in line and it went very fast. This phone is the coolest thing!!!

Tash

Are you having any problems activating it? I've heard horror stories about it so far.

juicyaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tash
Are you having any problems activating it? I've heard horror stories about it so far.

NO. Activated in like 2 minutes.

juicyaddict

Awesome, awesome phone! There is nothing like it. My new <3!!!

Really cool black box and bag... It is funny some people are trying to conceal the bag in some other bag so afraid that someone might know they carry the iphone with them and get mugged in the parking lot
iphone4.JPG

Googling... with the phone flipped horizontally
iphone2.JPG

In vertical view mode... main screen
iphone3.JPG

Apple logo at the back
iphone5.JPG

So thin, as thin as my old slver
iphone6.JPG

Camera was sooo good, took a pic of my sleepy self, but see the fingerprints... yeah that is why it came with a cleaning cloth
iphone7.JPG

MisStarrlight

Ooooo that's pretty! Stop posting pics, you're gonna make me want it NOW. Haha

Let us know if you still love it in a week.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

all the finger prints would drive me Insane! I dont like my Ipod having prints all over it, and I use my phone way more often!

as for the concealing the bags inside another bag. Its a good idea, a ton of people got mugged when the xbox 360 and the PS3 came out , mugged walking out of best buy or Frys electronics. No good.

I also and curious as to How many GB the phone is, IE-my Ipod is a 80 GB, is the Phone also an 80Gb ?