Anyone tried TheBodyNeeds.com??

nichollecaren

I had bought a lot of pigments from this site, and the afterwards I read on another forum that someof the colors she sells are suspect. Needless to say I got a little nervous.

Some time after i bought from another site, and got some of the colors i had before-including deep blue green. It was exactly the same! I think its unlikely that both sellers would be selling fake deep blue green...or is it?

darklocke

I've ordered some samples from TheBodyNeeds.com (a friend of mine insisted, she loves anything that's cheap), but I haven't tried them as I dislike the loose pigments (haven't had the tools to press them before now). I have no clue to whether or not they are fake or authentic, since I've never seen any authentic pigment. Don't think I'll buy anything from them again though - no particular reason, I just have this weird feeling about them.

Also, I'd really hate to use fake pigments (or makeup in general) with obscure ingredients.

chubby5734

I was considering buying some samples but I'm afraid of getting fakes. I have bought from Makeupgeek and they are real and I trust her. I prefer to pay a little more.

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
I had bought a lot of pigments from this site, and the afterwards I read on another forum that someof the colors she sells are suspect. Needless to say I got a little nervous.

Some time after i bought from another site, and got some of the colors i had before-including deep blue green. It was exactly the same! I think its unlikely that both sellers would be selling fake deep blue green...or is it?

th_dunno.gif
many cosmetic products are manufactured generically.. that is, they are sold by the dozens to many different smaller retailers who put their own label on them.. so it is quite possible that they both bought from the same manufacturer
angry.gif
nonono.gif

joey444

I buy my pigment samples from her all the time and I think they are all legit. I've never had a problem.

X_SiN_X

I would definitely stick with Cheryl or one of the other girls from this forum.

On the first page alone, 23 of the 30 colours are known to have been counterfeited and have done or are still doing the rounds on ebay.

Its alot harder when you only buy the samples because A; the colours and textures are becoming very hard to spot as fakes and B; you have nothing else to go by, and sometimes you can only JUST tell if it's fake if you have the box in front of you.

Careful here.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkelstar
I've ordered there and they are legit.. Love their pigment samples!

Really? You think so? Because I dont.