Anyone work at MAC WITHOUT having to work weekends?

GreekChick

Everyone works weekends, including the managers. They're required to work on a Saturday at least twice a month. It's inevitable considering the stores are alwayyyyyyys open!

COBI

In any retail store environment, you will be very hard-pressed to find one that doesn't require you to work at least some weekend hours.

baybehbekah

i only work saturdays, but thats because the mall is closed on sunday
smiles.gif

soaked

EVERYONE works saturdays at my counter. It just gets way too busy for anyone to miss that day! I work every other sunday

MAC*GIRL08

I work both Sat and Sun. we are required to work both every weekend. The managers do get Sundays off now n then. But they are pretty good if you need a Sunday off, you just request it before the schedule is made same goes for Sat. but Sat's are mandatory. DON'T ever call out unless it's a true emergency or your really sick as they may ask for a doctors note. Plus it makes it hard on your co-workers, I had to come in 2 hrs earlier on a Sunday due to one of our girls calling out. But hey, it happens and if your flexible - then they will remember that when you request a day off!

Hope this helped.

shorty

we have three members of staff on my counter who dont work any weekends unless they want to, they may do one every couple of months or something usually if they cant do their midweek hours one week so it does happen but its very very rare and they have been with the counter for about 5 years so it wasnt always like that for them.

i work every saturday but only one sunday a month... Every couple of months i put a request in for a saturday off so i can spend it with my fiance who has weekends off and its never a problem. thats how it works on my counter anyway!