Are my MAC brushes authentic or FAKE?

SunnyDaze

Hi there

Need to know wich ones of my MAC brushes you think are fake... The 187 I'm pretty sure about. The thing that I noticed about some of them is that the Logo and number is falking? The text doesn't flake on the 134 for example, but it does flake on the 116, 217, 222, 279, 272. The 311 and the 209 must be fakes, the logos are not right. I don't think all the pictures will fit in one post so I'll post another below with the rest of them.

Please tell me what you think. Can the authentic ones flake or are they all fake?
bild029.jpg

bild031-1.jpg

bild033.jpg

bild035-1.jpg

bild036.jpg

redambition

the fonts on most of them look ok to me. My 134 is a little messy on the text as well.

there are a few i am not sure about:

the 219SE - i am not sure which collection this one is from, so i will wait for someone who can recognise this one!

the 209 - the printing on it looks a little too messy. i don't have this particular one so i can't compare.

the 311 - i am not familiar with this brush so i am not too sure (much like the 209) so i can't be 100% on this one either.

in response to the flaking: the silver text on real brushes can absolutely flake. it's happened to several of mine, particularly the ones i use the most.

SunnyDaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
the fonts on most of them look ok to me. My 134 is a little messy on the text as well.

there are a few i am not sure about:

the 219SE - i am not sure which collection this one is from, so i will wait for someone who can recognise this one!

the 209 - the printing on it looks a little too messy. i don't have this particular one so i can't compare.

the 311 - i am not familiar with this brush so i am not too sure (much like the 209) so i can't be 100% on this one either.

in response to the flaking: the silver text on real brushes can absolutely flake. it's happened to several of mine, particularly the ones i use the most.

The 219SE is from the Heirloom collection. This one I'm sure is authentic. And for the 311 and the 209 I'm almost certain that those are fake. The M in MAC is way off on both.

glamdoll

They look pretty real to me.
All my mac brushes have the logo faded. It fades w/ uses and wash. I saw that in your it says JAPAN which is what mine say and I got mine from the store so yeah.

The only one I would maybe doubt is the 134 cus it says France, other then that, they all look legit.

SunnyDaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdoll
They look pretty real to me.
All my mac brushes have the logo faded. It fades w/ uses and wash. I saw that in your it says JAPAN which is what mine say and I got mine from the store so yeah.

The only one I would maybe doubt is the 134 cus it says France, other then that, they all look legit.

Thanks!

But I have to say, that if I should choose one of my brushes that I really tought was authentic, it would be the 134. The quality is just amazing! I love it...

That actually goes for most of them, the 222, 217 and 239 are lovley. I just got suspicious when I noticed that the text was fading on most of them.

glamdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDaze
Thanks!

But I have to say, that if I should choose one of my brushes that I really tought was authentic, it would be the 134. The quality is just amazing! I love it...

That actually goes for most of them, the 222, 217 and 239 are lovley. I just got suspicious when I noticed that the text was fading on most of them.

Oh ok! Then you have nothing to worry about, mine are completly faded (the logo) and I bought em at the pro store, and at some counters.

did you get them from ebay? or why did you think they werent authentic? They seem to be good
smiles.gif

SunnyDaze

Quote:
Oh ok! Then you have nothing to worry about, mine are completly faded (the logo) and I bought em at the pro store, and at some counters.

did you get them from ebay? or why did you think they werent authentic? They seem to be good
smiles.gif

Yes, I did... That's why I got suspicious.
winks.gif
There's so many fakes out there and they get better and better. Hard to tell sometimes if they really are aut.

SunnyDaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyPsycho
MAC logo and numbers fade... you can prevent this by applying a thin layer of clear nail polish.

Thanks!! Really helpful!!

thmbup.gif

SunnyDaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
i heard that if you put clear polish it prevents it from fading

Will do that!
th_DANCE.gif

Shaquille

Quote:

I have 224 I bought in a MAC counter, it says FRANCE, so that one should be fine too