Are my pigments authentic or FAKE?

SunnyDaze

Next colours are:

Reflects pearl - Vanilla - Shimmertime - Golden aire - Sunnydaze

bild021.jpg

bild034.jpg

bild024.jpg

SunnyDaze

So, please tell me what you think based on the pictures.... All of them seem ok to me, accept maybe the first 4 colours.. Altough Golden Olive is identical to the sample I got from The Body Needs. The jar just doesn't seem right to me. Lid is slightly bigger than the other ones and shiny.

SunnyDaze

Here are some pics of the actual pigments. Listed as the previous pictures.

With flash + no flash

White - Blue Brown - Golden Olive - Pink Opal
Reflects Pearl - Vanilla - Shimmertime - Goldenaire - Sunnydaze
Subtle - Mauvement - Chocolate Brown - Sunpepper - Copperclast

bild018.jpg

bild019-1.jpg

bild020.jpg

bild022-1.jpg

bild021-1.jpg

panda0410

They all look Ok to me except these 4 -

White - obvious fake
Blue brown - is in a fake jar
Golden Olive - sorry sweetie its also in a fake jar
Pink Opal - same as previous fake pink opal pigments we have seen in the past

And query on Vanilla? The base sticker seems wrong to me and the colour seems off as well.

The Pink Opal is part of the older series of "new" fakes and the text on the base sticker is a horrible giveaway. We saw hundreds of these on ebay always with the same lot of fake colours and liek Xqueeze_me posted this Pink Opal is from the same series as the pic with the melon she showed.
The other 3 (Golden Olive, Blue Brown, and White) are ALL in FAKE jars. Even if the pigment was close it doesnt hide the fact that the jar has manufacturing errors which show it to be fake. the Goledn Olive might look alright but its a FAKE.
The White is a horribly obvious fake - the texture of the pigment is wrong... theres a thread here I did shwoing fake white, I'll find the link for you.

SunnyDaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
They all look Ok to me except these 4 -

White - obvious fake
Blue brown - is in a fake jar
Golden Olive - sorry sweetie its also in a fake jar
Pink Opal - same as previous fake pink opal pigments we have seen in the past

And query on Vanilla? The base sticker seems wrong to me and the colour seems off as well.

The Pink Opal is part of the older series of "new" fakes and the text on the base sticker is a horrible giveaway. We saw hundreds of these on ebay always with the same lot of fake colours and liek Xqueeze_me posted this Pink Opal is from the same series as the pic with the melon she showed.
The other 3 (Golden Olive, Blue Brown, and White) are ALL in FAKE jars. Even if the pigment was close it doesnt hide the fact that the jar has manufacturing errors which show it to be fake. the Goledn Olive might look alright but its a FAKE.
The White is a horribly obvious fake - the texture of the pigment is wrong... theres a thread here I did shwoing fake white, I'll find the link for you.

Thanks for your answer! So that's what I tought... Can you tell me more about the base stickers? What shall I look for? To me they all look the same..
You wrote "The other 3 (Golden Olive, Blue Brown, and White) are ALL in FAKE jars." This means that the pigments are fake too, I guess? :) Seems stupid to put authentic pigment in a fake jar..
tong.gif

SunnyDaze

By the way.. Vanilla I do belive is authentic. It is the exact colour that I got from The Body Needs as well. The seller I got it from had used it to sell samples, it was 3/4 full.

Someone else who can tell me what they think? (About Vanilla and all the others as well)

I do appreciate your opinions...!

SunnyDaze

Oh and panda0410 vbmenu_register("postmenu_1229006", true); - Please do explain to me how to spot fake jars. :) Besides from the fact that the 4 pigments have shiny lids. I noticed that Golden Olive is a bit "taller" than the others and Blue Brown is wider.

panda0410

The very large text on the Vanilla pigment seems a little off, although I should say that Coco Beach had the similar sized font its the only one I have seen printed so largely. The colour of the Vanilla doesnt seem right either but that *could* be the monitor settings.
Other base sticker have stamped codes which is normal - but the stamps on the fakes are inferior in quality - often larger or misprinted or wrong font, or any combination of those.

The fakes jars - they havent copied the correct insignias in these particular jars. if you PM me with your email addy so you can send me these same pics privately I can show you an example of what I mean. You should be warned though that fake pigments are also coming in jars that are identical to real jars as well and they are harder to pick as fakes than these which are far more obvious.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDaze
By the way.. Vanilla I do belive is authentic. It is the exact colour that I got from The Body Needs as well. The seller I got it from had used it to sell samples, it was 3/4 full.

Someone else who can tell me what they think? (About Vanilla and all the others as well)

I do appreciate your opinions...!

The Body Needs has sold fake pigments as well......
I am still not convinced - I'll wait for our other trained eyes to have a look.

EDIT - I retract my statement on Vanilla - the swatches you sent look good to me
winks.gif

SunnyDaze

Quote:
The Body Needs has sold fake pigments as well......
I am still not convinced - I'll wait for our other trained eyes to have a look
winks.gif

They have?!?!
thmbdn.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDaze
They have?!?!
thmbdn.gif

Yes they have. Unfortunately a few members here used to buy her empty jars and some of the jars were fakes.

SunnyDaze

Quote:
Yes they have. Unfortunately a few members here used to buy her empty jars and the jars were fakes.

What a fraud...!
angry.gif
And I know so many that buy her samples...

panda0410

Not all of them to my knowledge were fake, but I HAVE seen her listings with the Blue pigment in the fake upside boxes - that issue of Blue pigment is FAKE.

SunnyDaze

Quote:
I dont like dragging up old threads - just thought to mention that there IS a fake Vanilla with the large print just like yours. Your swatches were fine to me, but here is a link to a fake Vanilla posted by an ebay seller who bought one - then went to MAC for comparison with it and others afterwards.

How to check REAL MAC PIGMENT and FAKE MAC PIGMENT - eBay (item 290253012771 end time Aug-20-08 05:39:45 PDT)

Hmm.. The font on the Vanilla pigment in that picture is nothong like mine..

I took that photo and added a picture of my Vanilla lable:

namnls.jpg

panda0410

ah, thanks for the pic upload - it was gone and I remembered it was larger, but not quite like that...LOL, thanks!!
winks.gif

SunnyDaze

So you think it's ok then? :)

By the way, I have a question about the number os MAC lables in the bottoms of the jars.. Some of mine are like "stamped" on, like on the Silver Fog in the picture. And some are just "printed". Does that vary?

panda0410

yep, its all good, and like I said the swatches were fine as well
smiles.gif

The bottom label always has the name printed, but the number can be EITHER stamped or printed. I just depends on the issue I guess. A lot of my recent ones (including LE colours) have been stamped, but all my newest pro colour replacements have been printed. I am not worried about any of them because I know where they came from
smiles.gif