Are Shadesticks made as fakes too ?

GIBben

I am looking for shadesticks at eBay and what strikes me, is that there are very few listed.
Therefore I was interested in knowing if any of you have come across fake shadesticks ?

What is the retailprice of a full size shadestick ?

thanks

MAC_Whore

As far as I know, they haven't been duped on ebay as of yet. They are much more difficult to dupe than a powder shadow. They also aren't as popular as powder shadows, which may explain their small showing on ebay.

nilt1aK

I doubt there are dupes of them, as they're much harder to make/fake, and they aren't as common as pigments and shadows.

UyenNhii

I bought one off ebay. It said that it was full size, but it wasn't. I'm not sure if it's fake =( I think it might be one from a holiday set or something, but I don't know.

RoCk_StAr_GiRl

They did make them in holiday sets so that is probably what you got. What shade did you buy? I know that Sea Me and Gracious Me along with another 2 were definately made in smaller sizes

drebaby

i was curious if there was fakes of them also..there are a ton of the beige-ing for 9.99 buy it now on ebay

BeautyPsycho

Yeah, I got small sized "sea me" (I didn't receive it yet) and in the description it didn't say it was mini size, and size (in oz) was listed incorrectly. I paid $11 for it!
So should I leave that seller a neutral because of inaccurate listing?
th_dunno.gif

wolfsong

I would, they should clearly write that its not a full sized version - and were probably purposely misleading you if they didnt. I know of a USA seller that does that, and has received quite a few negs/neutrals for this - even though they are authentic.
Perhaps send a message telling them that the auction was misleading and you arent happy about it - you never know, they could give a partical refund if they dont want you to kick up a fuss (not that this would be an ultimatum).

BeautyPsycho

It's probably the same seller. I think he/she IS doing this on purpose (on many different items, not just MAC) and if someone leaves a negative, response is "it was described correctly, buyer can't read" (wtf) So, i have "print screen" of that description just in case seller replies the same way. Also, shipping is slow as fuc*!
angry.gif

wolfsong

Another form of dishonesty that should be rewarded with a ban... A counterfeit seller i was conned by a while ago (the reason i joined specktra in the first place so im not too sad about it!) sold perfume samples like they were the real thing (close up photos of the small bottles that looked like the full versions - only mentioning the size in the small description box that people tend not to read) for 15 pound buy-it-nows (these were for 7-14 ml sample bottles).
Its shocking that ebay allows this!

BeautyPsycho

I have a feeling we're both talking about backal0k7z because of feedback that I saw... But there's probably a lot of same kind of people on ebay!