are these piggies real?

gazza

in your opinion, among these, is there a real accent red pigment?
greengrin.gif

in most of these auction the coulour of the pigment doesn't seem right, imho...

closet companion
hot and cool stuff
good bargins
diva la glam
mvandegeyn
auburn321

thank you
smiles.gif

wolfsong

Yes there is:

Closet Companion is trustworthy IMO - the pigs ive seen from her have been real.
Good Bargins seems okay to me.

Avoid Diva La Glam like the plague! She sells fakes.

MACATTAK

A lot of people will tell you that your monitor will make the colors look differently. I think they all look fine...except the Diva La Glam like Wolfsong said. Apparently they sell "good fakes." If unsure, just ask the seller for pictures of the bottom of the pigment. Also, some sellers offer an "authentic guarantee."

wolfsong

The camera (type, quality, flash, natural/artifical lighting etc) can also affect how a pigment look.

IMO: 'Authentic guarantee' can be - and if i rememeber correctly has been - used on fake auctions too, it can be a ploy to entice/deceive buyers into thinking the seller is more trust worthy.
Its very hard for a buyer to provide concrete evidence that a pigment is fake - alot of people cant collect such evidence easily (photographic evidence of real next to fake, statement from a MAC MUA etc), and even if they could the seller can argue that the pigment that someone says is fake wasnt sold by them - how can you have evidence to back this up? Its word against word. If they had good fakes then the authentic guarantee can be a great selling tool for them.
Location, seller communication, feedback score (total, how much is about MAC - how long have they been selling MAC for, negatives and neutrals, along with comments), auction wording and product photos are a better judge of whether a pigment is more likely authentic. However the photos in auctions may not be the sellers, or may not be of the actual product you receive. For me now its a case of its more likely fake unless proven authentic on arrival - sadly this doesnt seem too paranoid given the state of ebay at the mo.

gazza

thank you for your answers, you are very kind!
smiles.gif

i always check the seller's feedback comments before buying anything, but i don't trust them much, and i think they can be misleading... for example: viva la glam has 100% positive feedback! 0.0

MACATTAK

That's true...their feedback is unreal! You would think 100% feedback would be someone you could trust!

panda0410

Agreed with the others
winks.gif

I have bought from Closet Companion a couple of times now and everything is real!!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza
thank you for your answers, you are very kind!
smiles.gif

i always check the seller's feedback comments before buying anything, but i don't trust them much, and i think they can be misleading... for example: viva la glam has 100% positive feedback! 0.0

I saw the original fakes divalaglam was selling and the 100% pos feedback only PROVES that the buyers had no idea what they were buying.....

gazza

noo!!! too cruel!!!!
i was going to bid on closet companion's auction when i read that they don't ship to italy!
weeping.gif

wolfsong

If you ask nicely, point out your good feedback(?), and say that responsibility of the seller ends when they give the package over to the post office/mail service they may ship there for you. You never know unless you ask right?

gazza

i think that there is a precise reason if they don't want to ship to italy, and i can't really blame them. almost every parcel from outside the EU gets held by the customs, usually for months before you even get notice, so you never know if the parcel you are waiting for is being held, or never reached italy, or reached italy and got lost somehow, or even if it's ever been sent. but (i've never experienced any delay, so i don't know exactly how it works) i know that both ebay and paypal have a time limit for refunds & things like that, and i think that in that situation someone can get anxious and decide to report the seller, or give negative feedback, and something like that. so i really can't blame them if they don't want to send parcels here
ssad.gif

PS: i hope everything i wrote makes sense! i really need to improve my english!

wolfsong

Your english is better than mine
clap.gif

Its a shame that thats an issue there - maybe explaining your understanding of it would help sellers feel more trusting (and if you dont mind the potential wait).
Any communication between seller and potential buyer is recorded by ebay (and therefore paypal as its owned by ebay), so any claim made after giving up the sellers responsability for the package once its sent to mail office should surely be won by the seller. Perhaps offering to pay for insurance (if its not a stupid amount of money) will help.

I thought when sellers excluded certain countries it was because they had at least one bad experience with buyers conning them. Maybe in future when i see 'will not ship to Germany' i'll stop thinking the seller has a german grudge...
graucho.gif

gazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong

Any communication between seller and potential buyer is recorded by ebay (and therefore paypal as its owned by ebay), so any claim made after giving up the sellers responsability for the package once its sent to mail office should surely be won by the seller. Perhaps offering to pay for insurance (if its not a stupid amount of money) will help.

whoa, i didn't know that! it's very interesting, maybe i'll try, then.... as soon as they put on another auction for accent red (i hope they will!)
greengrin.gif

thank you
smiles.gif