Are these pigments fake?

lilo2106

Hello,

it's my first post in this forum because I am a little shy (i have some difficulties with english
th_dunno.gif
)
i would like to know if it was possible for you to help me

First at the back of the box is there always the number of the pigment ? i don't know if it's clear but like in this picture :

stp84053ks5.jpg

one of the box has the number and not the other one! So i would like to know if some genuine pigments don't have this number or if it was always fake
001_unsure.gif

Then, among those pigments can you help me to recognize the fake

stp84055xe2.jpg

stp84057ui6.jpg

on the pink one it's not a hole or a writing it's just that i've taken a little pigment with my finger so it's give this impression

stp84061of4.jpg

sorry for the two thread i don't know how to delete one
th_dunno.gif
001_unsure.gif
and sorry for my poor english i hope that was clear

if you need more pictures i can give you them

thanks a lot
have a very nice day

Xqueeze_me

Sometimes they do print the batch code on the back of the box and sometimes they don't.

I'm just not sure about your Steel Blue and Pink Pearl pigment. Steel Blue and Pink Pearl (according to the MACPRO website) pigment is a Pro colour. I know Pink Pearl came out with the Heatherette collection so it would come in a silver label on the bottom of the jar. Pro pigments SHOULD have a transparent/clear label on the bottom of the jar. The silver label on the bottom of the Steel Blue jar with the batch code stamped on looks ok from the picture, the box however is a different story. Maybe its just me but the Steel Blue box's bottom flap seems different and thinner compared to the box on the left. Could someone with a Steel Blue pigment verify the label on the bottom of the jar + box, please?

The Gold Dusk, Chocolate Brown and Pink Pearl are authentic/genuine.

MACATTAK

Everything looks great to me. Steel Blue was a re-promote with the Originals collection, and Pink Pearl was a re-promote with Heatherette, so that may be why the label is not the normal clear label. Agreed with the batch code on the box too. Some of my older pigments had the batch number on the bottom of the box (with the UPC sticker) instead of printed on the back of the box.

effboysinthebut

I have all of these and they all look fine to me.

My pink pearl and blue steel have the same batch numbers and I got them from counters.

I didn't check the other two cause there weren't questions about the labels

But they look fine to me

panda0410

yep - the repromotes even if they are normally pro colours are printed with silver labels like reg colours. Heatherette ~ Pink Pearl and Originals ~ Steel Blue so both will have silver stickers. That Steel Blue alsi has a very late 07 batch code which will help - pigments assocaited with certain collections are usually produced up to 6 months before a collection release, so an AA7 batch would tie in with the Originals, same thing with Pink Pearl having a recent code to tie in with Heatherette release.

These all look fine to me as well so dont stress
winks.gif