ashlee simpson look

maxcat

Welcome! I'm pretty new here but everyone is really great...

The main focus of this is she's waterlined her eyes and she's using a really bright pink blush on the apples of her cheeks. So while she's got a gagillion different products on, I think if you stick with a neutralish eyeshadow and a neutralish pink lip and some bronzer that the rest will fall in.

caligirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
Welcome! I'm pretty new here but everyone is really great...

The main focus of this is she's waterlined her eyes and she's using a really bright pink blush on the apples of her cheeks. So while she's got a gagillion different products on, I think if you stick with a neutralish eyeshadow and a neutralish pink lip and some bronzer that the rest will fall in.

What does waterlined mean?

bellaetoile

the waterline is the area right by your lashline. some people feel it can be risky to line the waterline, some do it all the time. its obvious ashlee (or her makeup artist, rather) lined her waterline due to the thick black line right by her lower lashes. i personally think lining the waterline gives a cleaner look.

i'm sure she had a LOT of makeup, but i think a simplified verson could be acheived with foundation, bronzer, some pink and peach blushes (think maybe dollymix and sunbasque), some relatively natural looking eyeshadow, and lots of black eyeliner (blacktrack fluidline, smolder eyekohl or engraved powerpoint are all good MAC options), black mascara and/or fake lashes, and a nude-ish lipgloss.

lara

Roll around in a vat of bronzer.

Seriously, maxcat gave the right answer. There's a lot of make-up used on her to recreate a look that you only need a few product to make.