Auction says Fake Mac for sale!?

BellaItalia1969

With all this different rules and new user agreement that Ebay introduced i thought that it be more difficult for dishonest sellers to sell fakes etc!
I came across this auction on ebay US ...
nonono.gif
it's simply unbelieveable ...
ttp://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-HELLO-KITTY-EYESHADOWS,-Blush,-&-Lipstick_W0QQitemZ180405180329QQcmdZViewItemQQi
seller:ross1243,who incidently is a powerseller too!
The auction blatently states:Fake Mac HELLO KITTY eyeshadow.blush,lipstick
Replicas-lot of 6 pieces !
%21BZ-D56w%21mk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-EIEjlLl09%21jBKpSqsjjPQ%7E%7E_12.JPG

Ok this really makes me so angry as although i do not sell on ebay,i truly feel for all the honest sellers of authentic Mac etc
yes.gif

BTW reported!!
thmbup.gif

darklocke

It's really not dishonest as long as the seller states that these items are both "fake" and "replicas", but I can't really understand why anyone would sell - or buy for that matter - products they KNOW are fakes ...

gildedangel

Well....at least they are being honest. Some people consider buying fake MAC like buying a fake designer purse; that you can't tell the difference. Purses can't give you infections and allergic reactions......

InspiredBlue

I'm pretty sure it's still a violation of all sorts of intellectual property laws. Honesty is not an excuse.

elle25

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
I'm pretty sure it's still a violation of all sorts of intellectual property laws. Honesty is not an excuse.

I agree. I don't care if they say its fake, they should not be selling it. Normally I don't think its the buyers fault but in this case, whoever buys that crap deserves what they get.

User38

Yep this is a violation of intellectual rights -- and the products are probably made in some manufacturing plant which has little if any health standards -- remember the Chinese melamine in baby formula and toothpaste? This is the type of product you buy if you buy these products -- whether you are told beforehand or not.

p.s. These are the products I was referring to in one of my posts which I was offered -- they even have the fake HK packaging!

BellaItalia1969

Am wrong in thinking that is... against the law to sell fakes of brand names. Selling fakes or replicas breaches trade mark laws. This is because significant investment went into the brand name and fakes take advantage of the reputation in this brand name.

Regardless if the seller admits on the auction that it is a counterfeit it is still wrong but that's my opinion,never mind the nasty ingredients these fakes have!
nonono.gif
To me it makes mockery of all the other genuine ebay sellers,who have to work harder because of dishonest sellers like this!

Rita Baumann

The problem with this is safety. Often youngsters will want their stuff to say "MAC" because it is trendy - it's more about the brand than the value of the actual item. They want the name on their stuff when it comes out of their purse at school. When they buy "fake mac," they are not really getting quality. Counterfeit products could contain lead, and that is the biggest danger of unregulated products. So while the buyer is thinking that they will look cool in front of their friends with this stuff, in reality they are buying something that has the potential to cause harm.

It is against the law and for the buyers' sake it should really be reported. I do not have a hold of MAC products that easily but I save my money and order from MAC online and then it processes the packaging through My Us ... It's a bit expensive (~20 dollars for shipping) but I actually KNOW what I'm buying!

I don't trust ebay sellers anymore... =/ And I know that unfair to some sellers there...
ssad.gif

Makeup Emporium

I saw a similar auction where a seller was selling fake pigments and she stated in the description that she bought them thinking they were real but that they are fake. I guess if anyone willingly buys it they know what they are getting at least; fake product. Just like buying a "Louis Vuitton" out of a back room on Canal Street in New York.

Although, as stated above, it is still illegal to sell knock-offs and should not be allowed.

shatteredshards

Regardless of the seller admitting they're fake or not, it is illegal both to transport counterfeit items as well as sell them - double whammy if this seller does actually sell the items.

Let's report the heck out of it. Not that they can do much about it now, but maybe, maybe they'll start keeping an eye on her.

tofuglory1

Wow, they're not even trying now. I'm pretty sure ebay has stringent rules against selling "replicas". Hope that listing gets taken down soon.

hyazinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuglory1
Wow, they're not even trying now. I'm pretty sure ebay has stringent rules against selling "replicas". Hope that listing gets taken down soon.

Yes unbelievable...think so too. It's definitely forbidden. All the reasons were already mentioned in posts above.
I just checked and the listing was removed. Good job!!
thmbup.gif