authentic deckchair?

invadersads

i've never bought pigments off of ebay since i KNOW there is such a ridiculous amount of fakes..but i'm curious about this one because i'd love to buy it if its real.. they have lots of pics which seems like a good sign.. ill post all 4 pics they have in their listing. tia!
pics dont seem to be attaching right.. i'll try again..

redambition

there's only one shot that shows part of the lid...

the lid looks matte on the outside in the picture but there's not much detail shown of the front of the jar or lid.

is it possible to get another picture from the seller?

panda0410

This looks OK, agreed with redambition though that more detailed pics of the lids might be worth seeing.

I also want to make a fairly largish point regarding ALL ebay pigment now - I recently had a Chartuese pigment in my hands. Now while the pigment itself was still the wrong colour I want to make it VERY CLEAR that the jar AND box it came were PERFECTLY IDENTICAL to authentic pigment jars and boxes. If the pigment itself had been a closer match on the swatch (it was about 5 shades too light) I wouldn't have called it, so please be VERY careful about ANY ebay pigment now unless you know the seller and where its coming from.

invadersads

thanks guys. the sale ended before i ended up getting any responses but i am still weary about pigments on ebay so i think i'm beter off staying away lol thanks though!!

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
This looks OK, agreed with redambition though that more detailed pics of the lids might be worth seeing.

I also want to make a fairly largish point regarding ALL ebay pigment now - I recently had a Chartuese pigment in my hands. Now while the pigment itself was still the wrong colour I want to make it VERY CLEAR that the jar AND box it came were PERFECTLY IDENTICAL to authentic pigment jars and boxes. If the pigment itself had been a closer match on the swatch (it was about 5 shades too light) I wouldn't have called it, so please be VERY careful about ANY ebay pigment now unless you know the seller and where its coming from.

Panda's right on the dot as usual
smiles.gif
. As I mentioned here before all the pigments I get direct from MAC I've been making notes of any changes. I buy from ebay here and there and mainly from 1 seller now and 1 other who does only email orders (she only buys direct from mac). Even though I know them I check everything still. I use to buy from others to see if theirs were fakes or not but stopped, it took up to much of my time reporting them, ect. The last one I did do, as Panda said everything looked right except when I did a color swatch. I do color swatch on all I get that's not direct. They are getting to good at these which is why if I do buy from my trusted seller I still check. If's it's a very old rare like all girl, ect.. then I'll take the chance and most the time it's the real thing and times it isnt. Those are the times I call mac to confirm the batch #'s ect unless it's very clear it's a fake.

I want to thank Panda for all of the helpful postings she does here and all of the time she's spends on doing it. I've been a seller for almost 5 years and she's shown me things, tips, explained the year of a color reformulated, ect... so again, thank you Panda
th_DANCE.gif