Authentic vs Fake Mineralize Blushes

eskae

I've been doing a lot of research and so far I've come across many ways to identify fake eyeshadows and pigments, but I haven't really seen much about blush, besides the fake compartment with an applicator. I was wondering if anyone has a fake blush to compare an authentic one to?

The reason I am asking is that I recently bought a mineralize blush and a few grand duos for a really good price. Now, this wasn't off ebay, it was actually in person and I looked her straight in the eye and asked multiple times if it was authentic or not. We met at the mall so she said "yes they are, you can go check the mac store right now."

She apparently got these from her sister who works at mac (however i doubt SA's get freebies and stuff.. unless she stole them, then thats another story..) but while I was picking out colours i noticed that two of the boxes had the names and barcodes printed ON the box. I found this really suspicious but the others that I chose had the regular stickers with names, batch codes, etc. After our meeting I went back to the MAC store and looked at their mineralize blushes and compared them to the ones I bought from her, which really did look authentic and looked exactly the same.. but for some reason I'm really obsessing over this.

I guess my question is, has anyone ever seen a fake mineralize blush? There may be some out there but I heard they are not easy to make.. I think I'm just worried because I saw those two boxes without actual stickers, while the other ones looked fine. Does this thing ever exist at your mac stores/samples?

panda0410

^^Yes - there are lots of fake mineralize blushes out there right now that if were in better packaging would look VERY authentic!! These fakes are almost exact dupes of REAL mineralize blushes right down to texture, but they are in pretty crappy barbie packaging. If this was to change however into more authentic looking packaging then buyers really would be in trouble, so beware people......

As for fake blushes the same rules as per eyeshadows apply because they are virtually identical relative to the product.

As for SAs getting freebies they actually DO - its part of their gratis programme in the company. If they are getting gratis then they also get staff discounts which is pretty generous by all other company comparisons
smiles.gif

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskae

She apparently got these from her sister who works at mac (however i doubt SA's get freebies and stuff.. unless she stole them, then thats another story..) but while I was picking out colours i noticed that two of the boxes had the names and barcodes printed ON the box. I found this really suspicious but the others that I chose had the regular stickers with names, batch codes, etc. After our meeting I went back to the MAC store and looked at their mineralize blushes and compared them to the ones I bought from her, which really did look authentic and looked exactly the same.. but for some reason I'm really obsessing over this.

I guess my question is, has anyone ever seen a fake mineralize blush? There may be some out there but I heard they are not easy to make.. I think I'm just worried because I saw those two boxes without actual stickers, while the other ones looked fine. Does this thing ever exist at your mac stores/samples?

In all probability these are infact GENUINE. MAC have printed on the box with other products - dazzleglass and shadesticks for definite.
It appears from speaking with another member that MAC are in the process of updating their packaging - something they do peroidically. The items being queried were eyeshadows (2009 batch) and lustreglass
We were hoping to hear from MAC before we posted any more info

eskae

Thank you! I really really do hope they are genuine. I got them for a good price but they weren't ridicously cheap since she said they were BNIB so the most she could do was take $5 off original price. I don't know.. I'd be really sad IF they were fakes... but then again after looking at them and the real ones at the store, they look the same to me! She also had designer clothing and accessories and her page said "authentic unless stated." Maybe I'm too nice giving her the benefit of the doubt! I wish there was a way to tell FOR SURE because she's selling them for a good price!
th_dunno.gif
But either way, I do buy my MSFs and other stuff at MAC counters.

eskae

IMG_0380.jpg

Here is a picture at the back. So like I said, I compared them at the store but I didn't actually get my hands on an authentic box.

I'm really sketched out because I found that it says at the bottom FABRIQUE AU ITALIE (instead of EN ITALIE, like my authentic MSFs do). Also there is no space between ITALIE and the slash (/) on my boxes.

This is really bugging me. From this alone can I tell if its fake or not? What do your grand duos say at the back?

Makeup Emporium

Hi, I don't have any Mineralized blushes but I do have quite a few of the eyeshadows. The Bright Side Gallery Gal one also states Fabrique Au Italie while the others say Fabrique En Italie. All of mine came directly from MAC so because it says "Au" instead of "En" does not make it a fake.